PDA

View Full Version : 130watt Vs. 100watt H3's(big pic)

HondaBoy
03-09-2005, 08:19 PM
a while back i had put new 14 gauge wires inplace of the old crappy wiring kit my driving lights came with. then i put the projectors on later on. anyway, they've had 100watt bulbs in them for a while. they were bright, but not bright enough, IMO. i ordered some 130watt bulbs to put in their places. the new bulbs over the old ones is a nice difference of more light output. still it could go brighter. but for now this is nice. the wiring still isnt getting hot at all. usually the ground wire will get hot if its in a situation thats overloading it. but it didnt get hot at all. anyway, check out the pic. you can see that the light on the left of the picture is a bit brighter than the right side. if i wanted i could run with just those lights on and see fairly well.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/HondaBoySi87/c1e733b0.jpg

Luis 89LXi
03-09-2005, 08:43 PM
wich kind of projectors are you using ???
left side looks so good ! i bougth this projector fog on ebay, just waiting to arrive to my hose. hope mine look like yours.

http://i19.ebayimg.com/02/i/03/63/05/52_1_b.JPG

Luis

HondaBoy
03-09-2005, 08:51 PM
those you are getting look older, like an OEM type. i bought mine at a place called Harbor Freight. the bulb in mine sits in there kind of wierd. it doesnt enter from the back, but sort of from the bottom. i'll have to take a picture of how it is later on, i have another set also that i'm going to use. if you're going to put your projectors in the custom made housings you make, that will look bad ass! you will have to take some nice pics of yours when you get them on. also, looks like yours takes a different type of bulb, not an H3. more like a 9005 or 9006 bulb for yours.

Luis 89LXi
03-09-2005, 08:56 PM
I know anything about this fogs, those have to come this weekend, i will show you some pics when done.

Chicane
03-16-2005, 04:33 PM
Make sure they don't blind people. If they do scatter light upwards, please be courteous and only use them when there isn't oncoming traffic. Badass though, seems like a lot of output. On my old neons I had some pretty huge 100 watt fogs I mounted and they were incredible, better than the headlights! :)

- Rob

HondaBoy
03-16-2005, 09:52 PM
nah, they dont have much upper glare, i made sure of that. they are projectors and have a really sharp cut off line, unlike a reflector type light. here's a pic of my old driving lights. they were bright, but didnt dispurse light in as wide an area as the projectors. also they had too much upper glare, even after i put in upper glare shields. that did make a difference though.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/347000-347999/347392_82_full.jpg

Busted_Blue
03-23-2005, 08:02 PM
sweet hondaboy. Those look REALLY bright. I'm not even sure what I am running on my current foglight setup now. I've been through many types of bulbs. I believe I'm running h3 100watt right now. Definitely looks bright. Projector foglights look nice with the cutoff line. Wish they were in my Headlights instead lol.

HondaBoy
03-24-2005, 10:50 AM
this is what i'd mocked up a while back. i just sat some projector driving lights into my old housings and took a pic. i've never actually gone on to make them.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_img_a/347392_319_full.jpg

Bige89accord
03-24-2005, 05:33 PM
Do you guys think that the RX-7 head light non-pop up headlights would fit our cars?because i think of doing something to my car to make it look different

Chicane
03-24-2005, 06:34 PM
I like the stock look. It's attractive and well made. Other parts of the car need a bit more attention (suspension, shifter bushings, exhaust).

HondaBoy
03-26-2005, 12:43 PM
RX-7 headlights, no. they are for the RX-7, not the 3gee. you'd be better off makeing a custom housing for aftermarket driving lights or something like that out of fiberglass. i was thinking about making a part to go into the opening where the headlight bucket is bolted into and mount some lights in there. kinda like some older LM corvettes have.