PDA

View Full Version : Can I take my cat back exhaust and put it on a sedan or coupe?

Jims 86LXI HB
08-04-2002, 08:59 PM
I've got my exhaust system sitting in my garage and I was wondering if the piping and hangers are at the same points as the sedans and coupes, right? It still have the cat and resonator on it.

I want to sell it to somebody with in driving distance, but I really don't think anyone else has a hatch with in that distance. Everybody's got sedan's and coupe's.

A20A1
08-04-2002, 09:19 PM
man... damnit...
I thought you were thinking on buying a sedan or coupe and sticking on your cat back.

Jims 86LXI HB
08-05-2002, 12:34 AM
:smokin: Ya never know:D I just want to be able to sell it and let someone else enjoy it. I was going to just hacksaw off the Dynomax and put it on whatever new car I get. But I got to thinking. It's only 2 months old and it would be such a waste to cut up all that brand new piping, why not sell it to someone else, cheap. It ain't so much about making a buck as it's about letting someone else enjoy it now that I can't. And that's also what motivated me to part out the other stuff on the car.

smufguy
08-05-2002, 12:11 PM
damn, i need an exhaust and u like in CA and i live in NJ. that sucks, yeah since the wheel base is the same. everything from the fuel lines to the exhaust shit is the same. i pulled the fuel feed line off of a 86 hatchback lxi for my 89 lx, and it fit in like perfect.

doug
08-05-2002, 12:34 PM
http://www.walkerexhaust.com/ExhaustCouponScreen.asp
go here and do a look up and it may help you decide.

hondaman87
08-05-2002, 02:55 PM
jim all of the piping are the same except the pipe for the mufler the one between the intermedia pipe and the mufler
the H/B are shorter than the sedans and the coupes

Jims 86LXI HB
08-05-2002, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by hondaman87
jim all of the piping are the same except the pipe for the mufler the one between the intermedia pipe and the mufler
the H/B are shorter than the sedans and the coupes

Well that's what I was afraid of. I guess I could advice sedan and coupe owners that they'd have to visit a muffler shop to have a section of piping added for the system to fit. Dang it I was hoping that what I thought I saw at the dynomax site was wrong. Oh well I'll try and sell it, but I may end up just hacking the muffler off and throwing away the piping, damn shame though.