PDA

View Full Version : Finally slammed w/ Konis & Suspension Techs

88Accord-DX
03-11-2005, 10:23 AM
delete this, outta here.

SteveDX89
03-11-2005, 10:52 AM
Looks good. Lowered 3g's look so much better. What struts are you using in the back?

Busted_Blue
03-11-2005, 11:14 AM
probably tokicos.

looking good.

88Accord-DX
03-11-2005, 11:18 AM
Looks good. Lowered 3g's look so much better. What struts are you using in the back?
Thanks Steve. I'm just running on stock shocks in the rear.. . I'm going to wait till they blow. I know what I have to do to get that back stut out now. The bottom bolt doesn't come out, looks like I will cut it & have new bushing pressed in. I want to get some sway bar bushings too, kind of pink looking...

looking good.
Thanks again.

NXRacer
03-11-2005, 11:24 AM
coupe's look so sexxy slammed. i've noticed that the back end usually tends to be lower then the front. :dunno:

SteveDX89
03-11-2005, 11:57 AM
coupe's look so sexxy slammed. i've noticed that the back end usually tends to be lower then the front. :dunno:

'Tis an illusion. At least on my car. If you look along the bottom under the door, it's level with the ground. I think it might be a tad higher in the back. The rear wheel wells aren't cut as high as the fronts.

88accordhb
03-11-2005, 12:50 PM
lookin good dereck.

HostileJava
03-11-2005, 01:09 PM
Looks good, but why do the pics look a tad distorted?

frankie89
03-11-2005, 01:35 PM
nice drop!! looks really good

jigga225
03-11-2005, 02:48 PM
slammed is good man.
now gotta do something about those eyelids

mykwikcoupe
03-11-2005, 09:24 PM
hey do the JIMS 1/2 in front drop. I need to do it on my coupe. Ive got konis on all 4 on sprints with the addcos and dc front brace. Thing rides on rails but needs the a little less fender gap in front. Mike

88Accord-DX
03-11-2005, 09:41 PM
Thanks for all the comments. Couple of the pics are little distorted cause I was in a hurry & didn't have the camera on the right setting.

hey do the JIMS 1/2 in front drop.
Not sure what you mean?

Strugglebucket
03-11-2005, 09:53 PM
he's talkin bout cutting the front pinch forks.

3gn86lxi
03-11-2005, 10:13 PM
Finally Dereck lowered his expectations!! Drop looks sweet maing.
Good job bro. :alc:

Low Tek
03-11-2005, 10:27 PM
hell yea.. love the drop look. I have to do mine the right way.. I have the stuff, just need to get it done. mine will be 2 1/4 rear, and the 2.5 in the front.. hope that helps.. if not, I will shave it down more - I hate gap

88Accord-DX
03-11-2005, 10:33 PM
Finally Dereck lowered his expectations!! Drop looks sweet maing.
Good job bro. :alc:
Thanks bud. :cheers: Ha ha, lowered expectations.. Wish the cost was lower to be dropped. "You got to break bread if ya wanna be slammed"

Here is some things I want to say to people that might want to lower there car. The rear (stock) spring doesn't have much pressure on it. I had to take it loose from the top to get the spring off cause the bolt on the bottom doesn't come out. It most likely is froze up. The bolt on the bottom of the strut assembly on the front didn't come off. I had to knock the strut out from the bottom on one side. Another words, give yourself plenty of time for setbacks. Make sure you get all the bushings on the top of the strut right.

hell yea.. love the drop look.
Thanks, them the lude arms I bought from you back when Mody Dick was a minnow.

danronian
03-12-2005, 07:13 AM
Looks good.

bullard123
03-12-2005, 07:42 AM
I don't know. It seems like my rear is actually lower than my front, not by much ,but when I bottom out its always in the rear and never in the front.

SteveDX89
03-12-2005, 07:53 AM
Here is some things I want to say to people that might want to lower there car. The rear (stock) spring doesn't have much pressure on it. I had to take it loose from the top to get the spring off cause the bolt on the bottom doesn't come out. It most likely is froze up. The bolt on the bottom of the strut assembly on the front didn't come off. I had to knock the strut out from the bottom on one side. Another words, give yourself plenty of time for setbacks. Make sure you get all the bushings on the top of the strut right.

Did you use an air gun on the lower one in the rear? I did and it came right out. The front ones, however, never came out. I had to have someone step on the lower arm to push it down the whole way and then rotated the top of the strut out toward the outside of the car. Was a bitch but it worked. Only took me 14 total hours to lower mine. :sad2:

88Accord-DX
03-12-2005, 09:45 AM
Did you use an air gun on the lower one in the rear? I did and it came right out. The front ones, however, never came out. I had to have someone step on the lower arm to push it down the whole way and then rotated the top of the strut out toward the outside of the car. Was a bitch but it worked. Only took me 14 total hours to lower mine. :sad2:
I used air tools on everything. 1/2" Impact did break it loose, but the bolt won't slide out the bushing. Will have to cut that bolt when I put new struts in the back. Here is all my problems I had.

1. Back bottom bolts on rear strut didn't come out. Took spring out the top.
2. Bolt on bottom of one side of front fork didn't come out. Took out from top.
3. Bolt on top of one front strut didn't come off. Had to cut the nut off even at the top.
4. Instructions with Koni struts suck. Had to pull the front struts back out & put old bushings in.
5. Still have to get longer bolts for the back & do washer trick for camber.
6. Needs alighment next.

Took about 7-8 hours so far. :ugh2:

Not like a rock
03-12-2005, 10:38 AM
I'm going to be putting my Konis in as soon as my springs arrive, can you give any more details on which bushings you need to put back in? And that white plastic washer that comes with the Konis.... I'm not clear on where that goes.

Nice drop, btw.

edit: nvm, I see the corresponding thread in suspension section

Mike's89AccordLX
03-12-2005, 11:01 AM
I'm cutting my spare wishbones today :) 1/2 lower in the front is nice. I have Tokico Struts and Tokico Springs. I'm finally going to get to put them on too. Suspension and Steering class yo! My instructor recommended that we check our own cars. And since my springs are sagging on one side it will be my excuse to throw on my struts and new springs. I wont have it slammed but it should take up most of the wheel gap with my 17's installed. It will be 1.5" in the front and 1" in the rear.

Legend_master
03-12-2005, 01:18 PM
The drop looks good, keep up the progress. :rockon:

88Accord-DX
03-13-2005, 02:33 AM
I'm cutting my spare wishbones today :) 1/2 lower in the front is nice. I have Tokico Struts and Tokico Springs. I'm finally going to get to put them on too. Suspension and Steering class yo! My instructor recommended that we check our own cars. And since my springs are sagging on one side it will be my excuse to throw on my struts and new springs. I wont have it slammed but it should take up most of the wheel gap with my 17's installed. It will be 1.5" in the front and 1" in the rear.
Yeah, it took me a long time before I put my springs on. I had some riff raff about buying some Tokicos on here. Anyhow, I didn't know about cutting the forks, I would like another 1/2" off the front. It took a smart remark on here to get my buttons pushed to drop my stuff in. (holding out for long time for some Tokicos)
I hope I gave some insight on some problems that you can have with doing it. Good luck to everyone & have air tools to make it quicker.
:tongue:

jonrichert
03-13-2005, 10:45 AM
I hope I gave some insight on some problems that you can have with doing it. Good luck to everyone & have air tools to make it quicker.
:tongue:

my rear lower shock bushings are seized on as well, i still need to lower the back of my car..(and cut the forks because my h&r's aren't low enough up front)

anyone know if you can get these bushings seperately through the dealers?

accord-ing to me
03-16-2005, 12:20 PM
Derek, where did you find your Koni's and what did you pay? I have only found one web site with them and they are $110.00/piece.

SteveDX89
03-16-2005, 03:05 PM
Derek, where did you find your Koni's and what did you pay? I have only found one web site with them and they are $110.00/piece.

Konis are discontinued. They cost that much during production too.

Busted_Blue
03-17-2005, 12:25 AM
looks nice. What setting on the konis are you using for the suspension tech?

I have Koni fronts sitting at home..brand new. Been there for 7 months.. I wonder.. :D

BITESIZE
03-17-2005, 10:13 AM
Some new rims would look immaculate on that red beast...and vht those clear turn signals. I don't like clears, but that's just me.

Busted_Blue
03-22-2005, 07:50 PM
ddude2uc,

there is a way of adjusting the konis...it requires a bit of researching as the instructions don't really say shit. Here are the instructions because it might be a good ideal to dial in both sides equally.

http://www.koni.com/_cars/_general_info/install_manuals/_images/adjustm_76.gif

1. Fully compress the shock absorber, at the same time turning the dust cap or piston rod slowly to the left (anti-clockwise), until it is felt that the cams of the adjusting nut engage in the recesses of the foot valve assembly (fig. 1).
NOTE: Some shock absorbers include a bump rubber concealed under the dust cover and this must be removed prior to adjusting. Don’t forget to re-install.
2. Keeping the shock absorber compressed make 1 full turn (360°) to the right (clockwise). The total range is about 5 half turns (fig. 2).
3. Extend the shock absorber vertically for at least 1 cm without turning in order to disengage the adjusting mechanism. The dust cap or piston rod may now be turned freely.

WARNING: Adjust both left and right dampers identically. Failure to do so may lead to unstable handling and uneven tyre tread wear.

Justanothermike
03-24-2005, 12:13 PM
what happened to the pics?? well anyways my brother had to cut the front forks to get rid of that ass heavy look aswell but it makes the front really low and he was just running everything over. I think the top A arm ended up hitting the top of the wheel well aswell which is not good. This is with konis and progress springs.

88Accord-DX
03-25-2005, 01:33 AM
why he get pissed off again?

Defamation of my character.

To put a long story short, I've been wrong in a previous thread getting involved & I'm going to be a man & admit my mistake & I have justified my fault in the thread. What happened in the past should be left in the past. I don't tolerate dis-respect of other peoples mods no like seeing people done wrong on here. I'm not one to back down to anyone or their comments towards me, and will not go any farther than that. I would like to still use my abilities as a mechanic on this site & not let problems come between this forum & what I've said on here. We're all humans & should be treated like each and ever one of you would want to be treated..... We're all here to help each other with our cars & not do each other wrong & dis-respect each other. Basically, we are all family and should act like it including myself. I'm learning to from my own actions & hope everyone learns from my mistakes. I'll be back in some time................ :cool:

A20A1
03-25-2005, 12:24 PM
what happened to the pics?? well anyways my brother had to cut the front forks to get rid of that ass heavy look aswell but it makes the front really low and he was just running everything over. I think the top A arm ended up hitting the top of the wheel well aswell which is not good. This is with konis and progress springs.

http://www.3geez.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4157
http://www.3geez.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4158
http://www.3geez.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4159
http://www.3geez.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4160
http://www.3geez.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4161

SteveDX89
03-25-2005, 01:09 PM
Defamation of my character.

To put a long story short, I've been wrong in a previous thread getting involved & I'm going to be a man & admit my mistake & I have justified my fault in the thread. What happened in the past should be left in the past. I don't tolerate dis-respect of other peoples mods no like seeing people done wrong on here. I'm not one to back down to anyone or their comments towards me, and will not go any farther than that. I would like to still use my abilities as a mechanic on this site & not let problems come between this forum & what I've said on here. We're all humans & should be treated like each and ever one of you would want to be treated..... We're all here to help each other with our cars & not do each other wrong & dis-respect each other. Basically, we are all family and should act like it including myself. I'm learning to from my own actions & hope everyone learns from my mistakes. I'll be back in some time................ :cool:

No need to take all your pics down, man.

Justanothermike
03-26-2005, 09:48 PM
some people can be some serious jack asses here. thats the internet for you.

TheWatcher
03-29-2005, 05:56 PM
According-to me,

Look no further than the Koni Group Buy!

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?p=505513

:)