PDA

View Full Version : Help PLEASE!!

mynizzle209
03-11-2005, 10:24 AM
my accord broke down, now whenever i start it a shit load of exhaust shoots out of the exhaust pipe! most likely blown ring??? if so or if not, what is it, and is there anything i can try to do before having to do an overhaul! PLEASE HELP!!

86LXItooFAST4me
03-11-2005, 11:28 AM
lol, dew wat nooww? need more details dude. what year and model do you have? and what do you mean "exhaust shoots out of the exhaust pipe"??? lol, i thought thats how that went down? you mean like black smoke? and if you wanna check for blown rings, pull your spark plugs out and see what they look like. and maybe to a compression check while youre at it.

NXRacer
03-11-2005, 11:36 AM
im guessing its coming out somewhere other then the tailpipe?? What color is the smoke?

mynizzle209
03-11-2005, 07:32 PM
White smoke shoots out and a whole lot of it!! how can i check for blown rings by just removing the spark plugs?? what would i be looking for ????

mynizzle209
03-11-2005, 07:33 PM
im guessing its coming out somewhere other then the tailpipe?? What color is the smoke?
WHite smoke shoots out and a shit load of doesnt die down either, though i havent ran it for that long cuz i dont want a visit from my local police!!!! bitchy neighbors!! how can i do a visual check of the rings by just removing teh spark plugs?? what am i looking for??

Oldblueaccord
03-11-2005, 08:06 PM
WHite smoke shoots out and a shit load of doesnt die down either, though i havent ran it for that long cuz i dont want a visit from my local police!!!! bitchy neighbors!! how can i do a visual check of the rings by just removing teh spark plugs?? what am i looking for??

Sounds like you head gasket is blown. The smoke will smell sweet like anti-freeze. If you look at your dip stick or under your oil cap it will look like mayonase.

Cant check the rings by looking at them unless you take the pistons out. You can do a compression/leak down check to check the condition of your motor.

wp

86LXItooFAST4me
03-12-2005, 05:19 AM
if you have blown rings it will allow oil to be deposited on the top of your cylindes. the plugs will be packed with burnt oil in most cases or just "oily"

FyreDaug
03-12-2005, 03:56 PM
If its white I'm guessing head gasket, or warped head causing the coolant to get into the chambers

HondaBoy
03-12-2005, 04:08 PM
rings usually dont go out on these engines. you dont see that often. and if that was the cause, you'd have a blueish or blackish-grey smoke. not white, same with the valve guides. sounds like the head gasket, that is what white smoke almost always comes from. the coolant will be leaking into the cylinders. if your handy with engines, you can fix it yourself. this means taking the head off and a bunch of other shit, timing belt, intake manifold, other belts and bolt ons on the engine. then it'll probley have to be machined strait since a blown head gasket usually means a slightly warped head. if you do it yourself, it'll cost about $150 for parts, head gasket set, timing belt and other belts. i'd say you should replace the water pump along with that too because it always seems to go out soon after taking the timing belt off. then getting the head machined might not be too much, i can get it done for maybe $50 here. to take it to a mechanic will most likely cost over $1000, so doing it yourself obviousely saves money. but, if you dont know how to do this kind of stuff, its worth the money to get it done by a professional mechanic.