PDA

View Full Version : paint job

TakFujiwara86
08-04-2002, 09:19 PM
where can i go other than maaco to get my car painted...and have rust removed from it? i want to get it jet black...any suggestions? plus how much does it cost?

A20A1
08-04-2002, 09:43 PM
well rust removal will jack up the price since it's body work... I'm not sure who would do it though... just make sure they do a good job or you'll have rust problem again a fer years later.

Right now I'm locating all my trouble spots and sanding all the surface rust away to expose clean metal the adding a few layers of primer to keep it from rusting again... rustoleum works best and has great coverage. but doing the simple body work yourself will save tonnes of money.

My 89 Accord Lxi
08-07-2002, 07:43 PM
i thought macco did body work, why dont u like macco try peaches auto paint if u have one in whatever place u live

HondaBoy
09-03-2002, 07:48 PM
hey if you have a honda dealership near you, talk to them. when we wrecked one of our many accords, we got a new hood and got it painted the same honda jet black. they did a realy good job. i think the honda black is pretty nice but if u can get your own paint get it from PPG. that is like the best brand of paint that i know of.

Lockleaf
09-03-2002, 10:53 PM
if you own a compressor go to walmart and they have a sandblaster kit for twelve dollars. go to lowes and get regular old sifted cleaned medium grain sand. Now cover every exposed inch of skin. Wear a breathing mask and face shield. Now spray around 90 psi. that'l clean rust of real easy. If there is any acrylic left on your old paint job you'll want to take that off to. It isn't hard just go quick and from a few inches away from the car and all you'll remove is the acrylic and maybe a little paint. I know this works though, because I own the sandblaster kit and I'm working on a 1986 accord right now.

Coitis1
09-04-2002, 04:29 PM
haha. kinda off the topic but the only reason this caught my eye was ur damn name. thats hilarious.lol

86LX-iClear
09-06-2002, 04:17 PM
ok!!