PDA

View Full Version : painting my car help

89HondaLxi
03-11-2005, 08:02 PM
i wanna get my car painted from white to black the body is in great shape and im wandering how much it would cost

EricW
03-11-2005, 08:05 PM
Probably some where above $2500 since that is what i was quoted for the same color.

bullard123
03-11-2005, 08:09 PM
2,500??! Sounds like you want a high dollar paint job with a lot of flakes and stuff. I don't know if you would want to go to Maaco for a paint job like that. Maybe one of those performance shops can custom paint it for you.

89HondaLxi
03-11-2005, 08:10 PM
yea i was thinkin of maaco jus somethin cheap so my car dosent look like shit with an unpainted bodykit

Ace
03-11-2005, 08:13 PM
dude then you are looking around 800 for a decent maaco job

2drSE-i
03-11-2005, 08:27 PM
do all the prep work youself and maaco is the best place to go

otherwise, steer clear

ive seen maaco paint jobs get blown off with an air compressor

bullard123
03-11-2005, 09:00 PM
Man I paid $250 last year at Maaco when I got my car painted last year and that included clear coat. You just have to look in the paper for thier coupons and be on the look out for their specials. They also had my car painted in like 2 days.

bullard123
03-11-2005, 09:01 PM
yea i was thinkin of maaco jus somethin cheap so my car dosent look like shit with an unpainted bodykit

What kind of body kit do you have??

89HondaLxi
03-12-2005, 02:37 PM
i have a blitz bodykit that im going to mod to fit this spring

hondamotorz
03-12-2005, 04:52 PM
im getting my whole car repainted black and the dents pulled and alot of other stuff for 250 :rockon:

and 89hondalxi i already told you since you like an active member on my forum i was gunna help you out and get that dude to give you the same discount :alc:

EricW
03-12-2005, 05:03 PM
Man I paid $250 last year at Maaco when I got my car painted last year and that included clear coat.

Was the clear coat seperate coats or was it mixed in with the paint. (mixing the clear coat is what I have been told that macco does.) They also don't remove trim and sand the car they just apply an adhesion promoter. That's why they are so much cheaper on most of the paint jobs. My cousin had his car painted there and they didn't even remove the emblems on his car and it was a difftrent color inside the emblems since they just taped it off. But you get what you pay for.

88Accord-DX
03-12-2005, 09:00 PM
If you want to go cheap route, then go Maaco. Like that guy said, they don't take the time to pull emblems off & mask real good. You definetly get what you pay for. If you want to save on some cash, sand the car down & do all the prep work & take it to reputable shop.
I painted my car myself, have to re-do some of the clear coat. Cost me $350, used acrylic urethane w/ high solids clear.

SexyEroticIndividual
03-13-2005, 05:47 AM
If you want to go cheap route, then go Maaco. Like that guy said, they don't take the time to pull emblems off & mask real good. You definetly get what you pay for. If you want to save on some cash, sand the car down & do all the prep work & take it to reputable shop.
I painted my car myself, have to re-do some of the clear coat. Cost me $350, used acrylic urethane w/ high solids clear.

I only paid about $350 for mine when I got it painted like 2 years ago. That included treating the oxidation on the roof and the color change, AND the chrome metal flakes. I didnt get a clear coat and my paint has just recently started to chip a little. I went to a local shop here called Diamond Auto. They did a GREAT job. I heard that Maaco is a rip off so I steered clear of them. I was very pleased with the result. I know it looks great because I still get complimented on the paint job to this day. When I get kit'd I wont take my car anywhere else EVER!

hondamotorz
03-13-2005, 06:11 AM
DO NOT GO TO MACO!!! It MIGHT look nice for a couple of months but then it will turn to straight up shit. Go ahead and spend the extra money to find a local place to do it. One thing you can do is ask people that have freshly painted cars. So you can see first hand how well that particular place can paint