PDA

View Full Version : Interior color help

3rdGenMartyr
08-04-2002, 09:53 PM
I was blessed with the mesquite, brownish-redish interior, and was wondering what color would go good with it, if anyone else has this interior it would be a great help
:confused:

Twisted 87lxi
08-05-2002, 04:13 AM
Ya know you dont have to necessarily keep w/ the stock interior color. There IS interior spray that you can pick up that is designed to go over any of your vinyl interior, so w/ that and the how to on painting your interior pieces you could literally make it any color you want (I think the interior spray even works on the seats but I wouldn't try it). When I did mine I just cleaned down the pieces and just used some Plasti-kote interior vinyl spray and it worked like a charm, still is... but it isn't recommended to use it on your other interior pieces (vents, etc).... anyway, thats just my 2 cents

PS. if anyone has anything about Plasti-kote interior spray (like I remember people ranting about it) then they can gladly sit in my car.....if that doesn't change their mind then their straight up biased.

Twisted 87lxi
08-05-2002, 04:16 AM
Damn, I think I may have made that sound like I used it on my vents too, well I didn't, I primered them up and used professional auto spray (I forget what brand it was) but it was like $12 a can and has yet to fault, so if you DO choose to do it yourself I suggest you try to find some place that sells some high quality paint for the plastic vents, etc...

3rdGenMartyr
08-05-2002, 11:30 PM
As much as i love my car, im not willing to paint the interior just because the stock color is so hard to work with, plus i really dont trust myself with a spray can..lol i do appreciate the info tho ill probablay redo the window frame parts and ceiling in black and stick with the mesquite and black look