PDA

View Full Version : tranny problems....

guambomb
03-11-2005, 11:58 PM
My 89 accord has no 2nd and 4th gear...i think...its automatic and revs high when shifting from 1st to 2nd...err...i think 3rd...then it doesnt even shift into forth..i have to keep it at D2..i think...oh..and after i drive it for 10-20 mins...the reverse goes out... :thumbdn: anyways...have a good one..

oops...forgot to add...there's a lot of smoke comin from under the hood...i thought it was overheating...but it's not...someone told me that im leakin oil onto the exhaust piping...could that be it?..i know im leaking oil cuz i have to constantly put some every 3-4 days....

have a good one!.. :lol:

HondaBoy
03-12-2005, 12:14 PM
for the leaking oil, i would say its most likely the oil filter base's gasket. not the oil filter itself, but the base it screws onto thats bolted onto the block. mine's leaking. i plan to tackle fixing this over my spring break this week. the gasket pictured is the one most likely leaking, unless its your oil pan gasket. but the filter base gasket is usually the one leaking onto the down pipe like mine. i like to call this gasket the "coat hanger gasket".

oh, about the tranny, a few people told me my clutches may be burned up in my auto. my 3rd gear has gone out about 3 times, and now is back like normal. my other gears are ok, except they shift in hard.
http://photobucket.com/albums/v260/HondaBoySi87/th_a6f187e4.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/v260/HondaBoySi87/th_ca2ad25e.jpg

guambomb
03-17-2005, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the help...hopefully i'll be able to just change out my transmission cuz my dad found a 4D accord just like mine thats just sitting...it's even for free from a coworker! :) ...i wish i had the tools to do repairs myself cuz i wanna learn but i don't have the right tools...i just got too many problems with my car right now...this site really makes me wanna fix up my accord..inspiratonal shizzzzzzzzz ya know....one day... :)

guambomb
03-21-2005, 10:25 PM
sorry

guambomb
03-21-2005, 10:28 PM
I have other problems on my Lx/guambomb.... :sad2:

before i start the car...i have to pump the gas about 1 or 2 times then turn the key...you can hear the car crankin and then it starts.....then about 1 or 2 mins later...the rpm keeps climbing until about 3k and i have to pump the gas again for it to drop down to 1k rpm...good or bad???problems??

i think my driver side window motor is shot...you can hear the motor but thats about it...it use to make a machine gun clicking noise...like it's trying to grab teeth or something...but now its just the motor turning on and off when i try to roll it up or down...any help? i roll it up and down with my hands...and it doesnt roll all the way down..which is good cuz then i would have to open it up just ot get the window up!...help?!?!

both the rear upper control arms wear changed( the left was about a month ago and the right was couple months back..)....the left was done by someone who knows shet about fixing up cars...the right was done by me and frens...the problem is...the right side makes noise when you the tire goes over a bump or hits a pothole (guam has many..) the tire is also caving in a little..(negative camber?? from what i've read here...)...the left side doesnt make noise and looks straight...the difference between 2 upper control arms was that the left was OEM ($140some at the honda dealership) and the right one was a 3 piece one($80some bought at Napa auto parts)..would that make a difference??? it's probably my shetty work...haha

my power door locks dont work...it used to work...but we've had a couple typhoons since i've owned the car and the typhoons have been IN MY CAR!(as you know..driver window is facked up)...maybe the water messed up the electrical somewhere???

i wish i had a shetload of money so i can fix it up and get other cars too!!..ahhahahahha :lol:

i know there's more but i can't think of anymore right now....thanks for everyone here who's been very helpful in me trying to get my 3G back into shape..:)

oh..and i saw smufguy..praveen...in super street...i showed it to my gf and said look...it's like my car!(million times better than my crap though :) )..haha..she hates my car! hahahhaha :lol:

guambomb
03-22-2005, 10:35 PM
bump

88Accord-DX
03-23-2005, 10:07 AM
nm