PDA

View Full Version : Problem with stock stereo...

iNdOpLaYa
03-12-2005, 10:07 PM
Yeah i know its a stock stereo...but i just bough the '87 Accord Si and i'm waitin' for some more $$$$. But the problem it that sometimes the stereo works but then i can hear it fade away. So i turn it up full blast n its still there but really quite, then sometimes when i'm driving it kicks in, then stops again. Any advice will be awesome.

Thanx

iNdOpLaYa

DBMaster
03-13-2005, 07:00 PM
I had a similar problem when I still had the stock stereo. I solved it by removing the stereo, taking off the front (control portion) and dousing it with tuner cleaner spray from Radio Shack. Worked great until I pulled it four years later to put in a deck with a CD player. Mine would make a crackling sound and then the volume would go.

HondaBoy
03-13-2005, 07:48 PM
maybe the internal amp or whatever is going out? mine did that same thing. also would crackle and distort in high volume, even with good speakers put in. save a bit of money and get a new head unit and speakers. dont know what kind of electronic stores you have in Austrailia, but maybe you can look around and find some good prices on a new stereo.

iNdOpLaYa
03-14-2005, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the input guys! Yeah i'm saving for a new Head now! I'm thinking of getting the Pioneer DEH-5650. But then I gotta work out what speakers I want. What do u think of Infinity 6000cs front splits and what rear speakers should I get? If you don't like the Infinity, what do u suggest? I don't want to spend tonnes of money atm but i don't want sh*t.

Peace

iNdOpLaYa

zero.counter
03-14-2005, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the input guys! Yeah i'm saving for a new Head now! I'm thinking of getting the Pioneer DEH-5650. But then I gotta work out what speakers I want. What do u think of Infinity 6000cs front splits and what rear speakers should I get? If you don't like the Infinity, what do u suggest? I don't want to spend tonnes of money atm but i don't want sh*t.

Peace

iNdOpLaYa
The deck's internal amp is defective as stated above. Another problem is that the volume knob does not make good contact with the pcb since the solder is most likely broken, causing the intermittent volume problems.

You can buy my MP3 motorized fold down CD deck for $60 shipped with 1 set of rca out puts. It is a xtreme sound deck from wal-mart... The lcd is a little faded, but it displays ID3 tags (scrolls ) just fine and plays beautifully...