PDA

View Full Version : Newbies, Read This!!!!!

bigbrat41
03-13-2005, 02:33 AM
There is a '86-'89 Honda Accord Manual on CD that sells on E-bay (search; Honda Accord under parts and accessories ) that is EXCELLENTand cheap.
I have a Haynes Manual that uses photos and sometimes is not very clear. The CD uses LINE DRAWINGS (exploded) and makes most things VERY CLEAR.
The CD also includes updates and wiring info and seems very complete.
I LOVE MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i do however use both and reccommend such.
a real kick is that the CD refers to i (injected ) engines as INFECTED.
the e-bay listing shows some illustrations from the CD and i reccommend it TOTALLY!!! :rockon:

88accordhb
03-13-2005, 08:25 AM
newbie?

hhaha well this goes in the market place, not here.

bobafett
03-13-2005, 08:51 AM
not really, hes not selling anything... its just a heads up...

thegreatdane
03-13-2005, 09:19 AM
Umm, the files you have on that CD you can download for free on the internet...
Of course if you have 56k connection i understand if you'd rather just get the cd.

BlueBead
03-13-2005, 07:53 PM
http://www.pauldesign.ru/honda/index.html
hopefully paul is going to keep this up for awhile, with him selling his aerodeck

buds302
03-13-2005, 10:03 PM
ok that same cd has been on egay for two years now its nuthin new calm down!

bigbrat41
03-14-2005, 04:18 AM
Yeah, this note was to inform anyone that has not seen this CD.
for those of you dis'in' me, HOW MANY QUESTIONS COULD BE ANSWERED BY OWNING THIS CD?????
Many questions on THIS SITE remain unanswered for various reasons, like jealousy, discord or a desire to have the ONE AND ONLY. i speak from personal experience, as several of my threads are either unanswered or answered without DETAILS. i am still, after MANY hours of searching and some posts looking for SUPPLIERS AND PART NUMBERS for rods and pistons for my 3G.
This is a GREAT site and I HAVE learned and continue to learn a lot, but the old adage of "give a man a fish and he eats for 1 day, teach a man to fish and he eats for a life time" applies. answering the question " where is my ECU?" with "under the driver's seat" does not give this questioner the tools to answer his NEXT question.
ALL of you were newbs at one time and should maybe go back and look at your early posts it might be enlightening :cool: .

Vanilla Sky
03-14-2005, 11:29 AM
when i'm on DC++, i have this as one of my shared files...

carotman
03-14-2005, 11:30 AM
Well, like thegreatdane said, you can download this for free on the web. There is a link on this site that leads to paul's website (thanks bluebead for giving the actual link). Paul has all the information you would need and has been there for more than 2 years I think. Getting the CD isn't a bad idea sin'ce it basicaly a scan of the HONDA oem repair manual... just like paul did.

However, if you want exploded diagrams go to www.torringtonhondaparts.com. I prefer this over www.hondaautomotiveparts.com because torrington uses the REAL honda part numbers. There is also an option so search by part number. This is very useful when you want to know if that particular B20A part is available directly through your north american honda dealer :D

zero.counter
03-14-2005, 05:59 PM
It sounds liek a good cd. It isn't by chance the old popular mechanics cd is it?

jt money
03-14-2005, 06:22 PM
hey. I was wondering if I would increase my horsepower if I took a a20a3 head an switched it with my a20a1?