PDA

View Full Version : Replacing the corner lights

SexyEroticIndividual
03-13-2005, 05:54 AM
Does anyone know how to remove the front corner lights. I'm not sure of how and I dont want to break anything. Please help!?!?!?

Mac
03-13-2005, 07:50 AM
Are you talking about the lights mounted in the fender by the headlights? If so raise the headlights and you will see 2 holes with phillips head screws, take them out and carefully pull out the lens assembly.

AccordNut
03-13-2005, 08:10 AM
also there might be a plastic cover thats hiding the 2 screws he mentioned, its only one screw phillips head, then you can get to the other 2 screws and pull the corner light away from the car and it slides out. make sure you remember which light goes into which hole...good luck

smufguy
03-13-2005, 09:10 AM
There are three phillips head screws. U need to use the headlight pop-up switch near the rear defroster to hold the headlights up. Then use a phillips head screwdriver to remove the black piece that holds the corner light. Its a tight fit, so just using the bit will be fine. Then once that piece comes off, there are two screws that hold the light assembly to the fender, remove then and the light slides out (pull towards the front of the car). watch the two tabs when reinstalling.

SexyEroticIndividual
03-13-2005, 07:14 PM
There are three phillips head screws. U need to use the headlight pop-up switch near the rear defroster to hold the headlights up. Then use a phillips head screwdriver to remove the black piece that holds the corner light. Its a tight fit, so just using the bit will be fine. Then once that piece comes off, there are two screws that hold the light assembly to the fender, remove then and the light slides out (pull towards the front of the car). watch the two tabs when reinstalling.

Thanks for all the help guys. I actually didnt get these responses until after I had already went out there to attempt it myself. Amazingly, I got it with no problem. The light bulbs that procarparts sent with my lights are some UGLY reddish-pink crap, and the bulbs that are in there look yellowish like they are the original lights that have been in the car since it was made in 1989...so I'm going tomorrow to get some blue bulbs that match my car color scheme. I'm still checking out options for my tail lights since I'm still having no luck with getting clear tails. We'll just see what happens I guess.

HostileJava
03-13-2005, 09:10 PM
Thanks for all the help guys. I actually didnt get these responses until after I had already went out there to attempt it myself. Amazingly, I got it with no problem. The light bulbs that procarparts sent with my lights are some UGLY reddish-pink crap, and the bulbs that are in there look yellowish like they are the original lights that have been in the car since it was made in 1989...so I'm going tomorrow to get some blue bulbs that match my car color scheme. I'm still checking out options for my tail lights since I'm still having no luck with getting clear tails. We'll just see what happens I guess.

Careful, the popo don't like blue light on cars. I probably got pulled over 5-6 times before I finally just stopped driving with the blue lights on.

leia
03-13-2005, 09:30 PM
Its a LOT easier to get to if you take the black plastic cover for the main headlight off first. Then you can easily access those 2 screws.

SexyEroticIndividual
03-14-2005, 04:40 AM
Its a LOT easier to get to if you take the black plastic cover for the main headlight off first. Then you can easily access those 2 screws.

yeah, that is actually what I did. Thanks!

If I dont put the blue in, I can't use white can I???? Does it even show up?!?!

AccordNut
03-14-2005, 06:14 AM
i had the xenon white turn signal bulbs in myself, they're ok nothing to brag about really. Had to replace all my front lights b/c of NC inspection and im somewhat happy to be back with orange b/c colored lights look too ricey.

HostileJava
03-14-2005, 06:26 AM
yeah, that is actually what I did. Thanks!

If I dont put the blue in, I can't use white can I???? Does it even show up?!?!

You are not really supposed to have any red or white in the front of the car other then headlights since the back of th car uses red for braking and white for backing up. It's up to you if you want to try it. If the police pull you over you'll probably just get away with a warning the first time. But who knows, maybe they'll be cracking down.

danronian
03-14-2005, 06:54 AM
To be legal get orange bulb corner and turn signal lights.

SexyEroticIndividual
03-14-2005, 10:32 AM
To be legal get orange bulb corner and turn signal lights.

nooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont want to be legal... I want to color coordinate!!!! :) lol

AccordNut
03-14-2005, 10:40 AM
just like a woman, gotta color coordinate! haha, well in GA ive been pulled over for the dumbest things but they always let you go with a warning. especially if you're a chick just bat your eye lashes and say "im sorry officer" in a little girl voice

when are you getting some pics of your ride? id like to see it

SexyEroticIndividual
03-14-2005, 04:12 PM
just like a woman, gotta color coordinate! haha, well in GA ive been pulled over for the dumbest things but they always let you go with a warning. especially if you're a chick just bat your eye lashes and say "im sorry officer" in a little girl voice

when are you getting some pics of your ride? id like to see it

I've actually taken quite a few pics, but I Have yet to develop the film. Hopefully I can get to it this weekend. I think i should have the roll of film full by then. BUt they'll be up as soon as I get them, I promise...hey, how do you get the cardomain website's for your car??

frankie89
03-14-2005, 04:28 PM
register yourself at www.cardomain.com and become a member..then you can add pics, add text and a whole bunch of stuff..

Busted_Blue
03-14-2005, 09:15 PM
boo to cardomain. Go get photobucket or we-todd-did-racing.com accounts or imageshack.

spnrx
08-26-2006, 11:05 AM
I'm glad I SEARCHED!!!! ^_^