PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice quickly

DonnyG
08-05-2002, 03:03 AM
ok yesterday my battery light came on and my lights dimmed, so I'm pretty sure my alternator went out. But the wierd things is when I rev my car past 3500 the light will go off. what is causing it to do this? and I'm probably getting a brend new alternator or 164.95$ today b/c the alternator that is on there is only 2 fucking months old, and yes I got a 55 gallon drum of vasoline with it too. I really need to start requesting them to give me KY Jelly instead of vasoline.

shepherd79
08-05-2002, 03:46 AM
well, when you changed the alternator you probably didn't tight the belt very good. so i would say check your belt.

DonnyG
08-05-2002, 04:38 AM
the belt should be fine, I had a shop put it on since my alternator wen't out on me on my way to community service 2 months ago, ohh well I just called the place that put it on and they are gonna tow my car there and fix it for free. At first he told me to try to drive it there then I said no, then he said he can have it towed there for a cost and I said hah no, then he says we'll pay for the towing and to fix it and it won't cost me anything and I told him where I lived. Damn I love when shit is still under warranty.