PDA

View Full Version : installing JDM Prelude b series in

killerb09
03-15-2005, 04:51 AM
88-89 honda accord...

I can't wait, found the motor sitting on a garage floor of a friends house

the motor was replaced in a 85 lude with soemthing bigger(I'm not alloed to say with what untill it's driavable) but it's nice.

the lude it came out of is probably the nicest one I've persionally ever seen and has about 15-20g's put into restoration and aftermarket...

anyways.

I have a real good motor now and am planning on installing the lude motor in a 88-89 honda accord as it is claimed about 135hp and 140ft
or there abouts with soem good after market stuff on it as well.

my question...where it is a honda motor will other 3rd gen stuff ie cam and header fit this monster???

it needs both badly!

I can't wait, I'm not worried about the install as the guy who will be doing it has a few under his belt and is doing the lude as I type, fabricating mounts and such is not a problem...

question: I would prefer it to run of EFI rather then it's existing Dual carb setup is it possible to just swap the manifolds and run it EFI? or is there more to it?

thanks everyone...I'm back for a bit anyways!!!
just need to find a good donor car!!!

shepherd79
03-15-2005, 05:43 AM
dude, you need to read MOTOR SWAP section. the motor will require new mounts, and no one makes them anymore. second, the motor is not worth it. if you want Bseries motor, you may as well go with something better.
read the stickies in motor swap section.

smufguy
03-15-2005, 05:48 AM
killerB, i see you mentioned that your guy can make his own mounts, well good for you.

as for the cams and what not, we need to know what motor ur talking about. This is not perofrmance, its engine swap so next time, post it there. Also, if ur talking about the B20A4 motor or a B20A motor outta a lude, neither of them will fit the car and the b20A5 is a shitty motor to begin with. ur 85 lude, 2nd gen, prolly had a A20 motor and nothing different from ours, except some had a 3barrel carb. But oh well, unless u tell us what motor ur refering to and what EXACTLY u wanna do, this thread is just a waste. :pc:

88LXi68
03-15-2005, 08:57 AM
Both of you guys jump to conclusions... if you read his post he said the motor he is putting in is from an 85 LUDE. NOT A 3G LUDE. So that means the motor could be a b20a, the same one from the JDM Accord.

smufguy
03-15-2005, 09:11 AM
Both of you guys jump to conclusions... if you read his post he said the motor he is putting in is from an 85 LUDE. NOT A 3G LUDE. So that means the motor could be a b20a, the same one from the JDM Accord.

well like i mentioned in my reply, since its a 2g lude, i dont know if it had the same B20A motor. Someone was saying that the B20A from a 2g lude would not fit the 3g accord. So i dont know. He was not really that clear in wording his sentece and i had to assume all aspects of what he was talking about. :ugh:

carotman
03-15-2005, 02:35 PM
It's all the the FAQ :cool: 2G lude = 86-87 Accord (engine wise)

killerb09
03-15-2005, 02:58 PM
clarification to the masses....
it's NOT a regular b-series, it is not out of a 88-91 prelude, it is not in need of new mounts, it is not a waste of time.
the motor has all new gaskets(as in a MASTER kit)
the trans has a stage two clutch
the motor has around 140hp
it is carbed and I belive is is a CARBED b18 motor rather then a b20 to be honest.

the motor is cheaper then doing a b16a or similar with a similar tourque number

I apologise for posting in the wrong section but I didn't see the "SWAP" section before I posted, feel free to move it...

EXACTLY what I want to do:
install this JDM lude motor into a 88-89 Honda accord EFI
as stated above the question is:
swapping from dual carbed to EFI is it worth it and will the car tune better and have more ummmpf?

Sorry for not clarifying it earlier...just a little excited.

carotman
03-15-2005, 03:20 PM
Do you have a picture of the engine. I have seen only 1 B18A on the net so far. I don't know if that engine can be converted to EFI because of the intake port setups. It looks ALOT like the JDM 1st gen B20A tough.

NXRacer
03-15-2005, 05:56 PM
would it be possible to use the 3g prelude EFI stuff on that motor giving you had an intake manifold?

2drSE-i
03-15-2005, 06:25 PM
well im almost positive that EFI will be better than dual carb no matter what engine it is, as for what EFI to use, i have no clue.

carotman
03-15-2005, 06:36 PM
The B18A is a carbed understroked B20A... so yes the Prelude 3G EFI system would work just fine. This is what I'm using on my B20A.

ITB's might be the ultimate solution.

88accordhb
03-15-2005, 07:08 PM
unless, it's a swap from a a-series lude, then don't bother, it's a waste of time to put a motor with that kinda specs in your car.

killerb09
03-16-2005, 05:58 AM
again this is NOT A US SPEC LUDE MOTOR!!!
this is an import from Japan
bought in montreal about 3 years ago and has trans as well.
the car it is in is going under some SERIOUS modificatons and teh owner is swapping it out for something else. but It will be the FASTEST N/A 85 lude in Eastern canada hands down...lol

anyways thanks everyone you've been a great help as things progress I'll inform all of you as to whats going on...I have the motor just need to find a shell to put it in...lol

anyone want to donate a rolling chassis?

thegreatdane
03-16-2005, 11:55 AM
I knew it.. That's what I thought when I first read this thread..Yea, that definately sounds like a JDM B18A. Damn that's sweet! I say drop that engine into a 3g, slap on a JDM B20A head and make it a high revving N/A beast. You cant bolt on a EFI manifold to the B18A head, since the intake ports and flange are all different. You could put on some ITB's though. The B18A has the advantage over the B20A that the stroke is shorter making it more friendly with high revs.

thegreatdane
03-16-2005, 12:04 PM
Oh by the way, a stock JDM B18A has 130hp and torque is 122lbs/ft.

rjudgey
03-16-2005, 12:52 PM
Who's this guy with the 85 Lude? I don't know anyone on the net who has had a car with this swap or anyone swapping in something better? As far as i know Mike still has the fastest 2G lude with a turbo charged A20 with about 300-350bhp. As far as B18A i'd look at B20A head, Jenvey or Pierce inlet manifold and a pair of Weber DCOE's or maybe ITB's if you got loads of money, or maybe even some bike carbs, got a pic of the inlet ports need to see that first, if they are nice ports and spaced out evenly get a custom manifold made up for different carb setup, twin Kei Heins are poo!!

killerb09
03-16-2005, 01:13 PM
I didn't say iot will be fastest 85 lude on the net just in Atlantic Canadfa...
and this guy isn't online and the work is totally custom and one of a kind...I'll post pictures when and if teh thing gets running, but the car isn't mine and I'll have to get permisson to post them...

Expect to see some information on it in some magazines next year if everything goes well...

masterkillalw
04-15-2005, 09:15 PM
hummm well some 2nd Gen ludes have A18's in them..which are carb'd and just plain suck if u ask me...plus I own one...

b20a86lude
04-20-2005, 05:04 PM
so when exactly are u gonna post pics

carotman
05-01-2005, 06:06 PM
Yeah, we want to see this B18A :)

A20A1
05-01-2005, 07:55 PM
Didn't some guy in australia or NZ have a B18 in the Accord dual carb and the lot. I thought I remembered seeing it.

smufguy
05-01-2005, 08:32 PM
Didn't some guy in australia or NZ have a B18 in the Accord dual carb and the lot. I thought I remembered seeing it.

yeah i still have his picture. I think Jean posted it a while back. it looked like they took a pic using a webcam or a camera phone, it was blurry as hell..

b20a86lude
05-06-2005, 08:30 AM
no pix ever i think ur lieing

carotman
05-13-2005, 06:01 AM
Yeah Praveen, I have this picture somewhere and like you said, it was blurry as if it was taken with a webcam (too old to be a camera phone)

I'll try to find it.

thegreatdane
10-23-2005, 09:34 AM
BUMPHH ....probably useless but oh well