PDA

View Full Version : Motorworks in Westbury NY

MrBadExample
03-15-2005, 02:25 PM
Hopefully none of you will have the same experience I've had with a company called Motorworks in Westbury NY www.enginereplacement.com.

In August I ordered a Nissan VG30 (V6) Engine from Motorworks. In September I installed the engine in a friend's 1995 Nissan Pathfinder. After the engine was installed I filled it with oil and cranked the engine with the coil wire disconnected until the oil pressure light had been out for several seconds. I also filled the oil filter with oil before I installed it. After start up, we soon discovered the engine was leaking oil and was making some knocking sounds.

I called motorworks to explain the problem to the person who sold me the engine. He stated that their warranty did not cover oil leaks, which is understandable. In regard to the engine knock, he told me to have the engine inspected my a certified mechanic, since I was only a "shadetree" mechanic.

So my friend made an appointment with a reputable certified mechanic. So in mid-October he took it took the shop. The mechanic inspects the engine and says that it is damaged due to insufficient oil. At this point the engine has been run less than an hour by my friend, who has made sure it was full of oil. The mechanic also stated in his document that the vehicle arrived at the shop full of oil.

Since Motorworks has a six month warranty we figured they would replace it for us. So we called Motorworks back. We also faxed a document from the certified local mechanic. So far they have refuses to replace the engine. Instead they claim we damaged the motor and therefore won't replace it. They also stated they had no memory of our previous call.

I tried many different avenues to resolve this issue - Better Business Bureau, NY DMV, Credit Card Company etc. Finally I filed a suit in small claims court. The court date is next month. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Anyway I hope none of you have to go throught this.