PDA

View Full Version : Power Steering...

fl_lunatic
03-15-2005, 06:54 PM
Ok so today i start driving and i find that my steering is a tad stiff. I get to school and check it out, my friend said that it might be a belt, checks that out, it fine. So i check my power-steering fluid and its drained yet i refilled not two weeks ago. I put a new bottle in and within two hours its all gone. Whats the deal here...
Thanks in ADV.

frankie89
03-15-2005, 07:01 PM
i cant say cuz i dont have powersteering myself but you could just have a leak somewhere!!! somebody here has to know b patient...you'll find out...

88accordhb
03-15-2005, 07:06 PM
yah, heck your inlet and outlet hoses. they're made of rubber or somecrap, erodes over time and leaks. you don't need ps. but it's nice to have.

smufguy
03-15-2005, 08:47 PM
here are the places they leak from mostly. the cooler up front, the o-rings where the highpressure and low pressure connect, the high pressure line (right above the exhaust manifold) and the speed sensor on tranny. CHeck all those places and let the car run while it stands and turn the wheel side to side and see where it drips from. Most probably without the fluid, ur pump is toast so find a new pump after u find the leak and replace the leak and pump at the same time.