PDA

View Full Version : H22a swap information!!!

1989 DX R
08-05-2002, 09:32 AM
Don't go asking about the H22a swap, its extremely difficult and will cost many times the value of your car. It will be entirely custom, and almost everything will need to be fabricated.

It's not worth it!!!

If you must swap a newer DOHC engine, get the Place Racing mounts and a B16a motor.

NO MORE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE H22a PLEASE.

87accordlxi
08-05-2002, 09:41 AM
lol

SQ is the SQUAD
08-05-2002, 09:47 AM
that was gay

carotman
08-05-2002, 11:23 AM
Maybe,

But he's right

Unless you do everything yourself, this swap is a pain in the butt

anchovies
08-05-2002, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by carotman
Maybe,

But he's right

Unless you do everything yourself, this swap is a pain in the butt

it'll be a pain in the butt if u do it yourself
just get somebody else to do it
smokey :bandit: and watch

88lxicoupe
08-05-2002, 05:08 PM
im sorry if i "offend" neone by asking about the h22 but i am new to this so dont jump down my throat because i "didnt know". this site is here to help people am i wrong?? so have some patients aight.

1989 DX R
08-05-2002, 05:37 PM
No, its not anyone's fault. Im just sick of 5 threads about the H22a when all that anyone says goes like this:

-How much and how hard is an H22a swap?

--Too much, and very hard.

It gets boring when people don't read the other 4 threads about the same thing.

MoonScryer
08-05-2002, 06:59 PM
Oh, and just so someone says it outside the context of the above mention, and actually in the post.

It costs too much, and is all custom, therefore major expensive.

There. :D

89NinjaAccordLX
08-05-2002, 09:39 PM
So how hard is it to swap in an H22 and will it fit in my car?

hahahahahaha you all are so uptite. Maybe you wouldn't be so annoyed at people asking these questions if you didn't come on here and post every 15 seconds just to see your count rise. I'm not singling anyone out, but I've been a member for a little over a year now and have been pretty damn active. I see no good reason for some of the numbers of posts on some of your profiles. Y'all must have a lot of stuff to say... one word per post. Let the new guys ask their questions. Doesn't mean you have to read it and chime in complaining about it.

Sean
08-05-2002, 11:54 PM
ooohh and if we dont answer the posts we get obligatory

in whinny voice: why doesnt anybody answer me!!!

87accordlxi
08-06-2002, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by 89NinjaAccordLX

hahahahahaha you all are so uptite. Maybe you wouldn't be so annoyed at people asking these questions if you didn't come on here and post every 15 seconds just to see your count rise. I'm not singling anyone out, but I've been a member for a little over a year now and have been pretty damn active. I see no good reason for some of the numbers of posts on some of your profiles. Y'all must have a lot of stuff to say... one word per post. Let the new guys ask their questions. Doesn't mean you have to read it and chime in complaining about it.

maybe you would be salty too if you compiled a whole FAQ/How-to section just for it to be ignored by newbies

89NinjaAccordLX
08-06-2002, 08:37 AM
I don't know if that was sarcastic or directed at me or what, but its still funny. Can anyone be annoying on a message board? I mean, if you see a thread called "H22 questions, H22 info, etc" then you're just asking to hear repetitive questions by reading it. If you have been here since the beginning then people are just asking questions NOW that you had back then. And if you are new, then I bet the questions you have today have been answered long ago. Doesn't mean you shouldn't ask. And when I ask questions I'd rather not fear some big bad 3geez user with 4000 posts bitching that my question has been asked before.

Oh, and the h22 swap isn't that hard if you know the right people or if you have some mechanical creativity. A 4000 hp Max-4 Integra Type-R engine can be built from scratch and strapped into the metal frame of a funnycar, but its EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to drop in an engine by the same manufacturer into a similar engine bay? Get outa here. With some creativity and either a very skilled friend or some know-how yourself you can do anything to a car that you want to. Ask the people that HAVE IT DONE. I don't so you don't have to believe a word I say.

89NinjaAccordLX
08-06-2002, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by 87accordlxi

maybe you would be salty too if you compiled a whole FAQ/How-to section just for it to be ignored by newbies

Personally I'd rather post my question rather than read it. If I wanted to read a novel I'd go to the library. Posting a question recieves feedback from people that have possibly experienced the same thing and most of the time gets 10 times more specific than the FAQ. I agree the FAQ is helpful and is there for a reason, but there's no substitute for feedback from a real person that knows exactly what you're dealing with.

Vanilla Sky
08-06-2002, 08:49 AM
it's really not all that hard... just have to build a harness, maybe make a couple subframe mods, and make mounts... in reality, it's just too much work for someone that's not really dedicated to the car...or someone without the money to work with it... i think people go to other boards and say "an h22 is just a simple bolt on for that car" and then come here and ask because they get excited about it and ask... what's wronk with that? just answer the question... or are you jealous? think that the new kid is gonna outdo you? probably not, and probably never will...

we have seen the swap done, so don't say it cant be done...damn you guys get annoyed too easily

Derick

1989 DX R
08-06-2002, 02:11 PM
My point, is that people don't read one of the 5 topics on the subject that already exist. They insist on starting a new one, and further the clutter. I never said it was impossible, but knowing how dedcated most people on here are :rolleyes: the H22a is a far bigger challenge than they will be able to tackle.

You can make 1000hp from any engine, given enough time, money, and dedication. Usually we don't have any of those three.

Vanilla Sky
08-06-2002, 06:32 PM
You can make 1000hp from any engine, given enough time, money, and dedication. Usually we don't have any of those three.

well, we almost always have one... it's jut the fact we gotta have it all... at one time...

Derick

89NinjaAccordLX
08-06-2002, 07:41 PM
I dont see how someone new asking a valid question in a new thread is any worse than somebody starting a thread themselves just to complain about people asking new-guy questions. Plus, this guy could have some serious hook ups with engine swaps. I'm sure he just wanted to get an answer and not some rant about how many times its been asked. You can PM someone. Ever thought of that? Then you dont let everyone else read your complaints.

1989 DX R
08-06-2002, 08:34 PM
Yes, he could. If he did, then it would be worthwhile. As it is, nobody does, so why post multiple threads when all you have to do is read the ones that exist already?

Jims 86LXI HB
08-06-2002, 11:08 PM
Gee I see people asking the same question all the time. I even see people that I know I responed to, act like they never heard my answer. But I'm here to help, to be part of the solution. I will never tire of helping those that need it. Even if what I say isn't what they want to hear, but what they need to hear.

I will say that I checked the "search" function just now at the top of the screen. I typed in "h22a" and hit ender. It did bring up a bunch of threads on h22a's. That would be a better thing to say to someone that's repeating a question that's bothersome to you.
Personally I'll still give them a personal answer.

SQ is the SQUAD
08-07-2002, 05:59 AM
where is the guy who has a h22 in hid 3g?

mixmatch
08-07-2002, 04:04 PM
and that 4000 hp integrea funny car is by no means a honda motor...the guy custom made the block (5.0 Liter I4) out of billet aluminum solid block .....he lives about an hour or so away from me though

89NinjaAccordLX
08-07-2002, 05:06 PM
yeah no crap. i didn't say it was a honda motor. I said "A 4000 hp Max-4 Integra Type-R engine can be built from scratch and strapped into the metal frame of a funnycar, but its EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to drop in an engine by the same manufacturer into a similar engine bay?" It was a question, and the answer is NO. It SHOULDNT be hard to swap engines from the same manufacturer into a different frame with a little modification since someone out there can build a 4000 hp engine from scratch. Just cuz he lives near you doesn't mean you know everything anyways. My point was that if an engine like that can be built and placed into a custom frame then doing an H22 swap is not even close in difficulty, so it can be done.

marc49
08-08-2002, 03:45 PM
problem solved!!

http://3geez.com/showthread.php?threadid=4395