PDA

View Full Version : tail mods

Chubs87Accord
08-05-2002, 10:07 AM
i was wondering how i can make my tails look different and cool without spending any or very little cash... basically i hate the darn yellow:barf:

anchovies
08-05-2002, 11:59 AM
testors spray
just get wthever colour u want from walmart or hobby stores..then spray the yellow away..
also get the clear coat to make it shine

Chubs87Accord
08-05-2002, 02:45 PM
give me some details... what colors are illegal... if i do the red am i gonna fail inspection? like where is the paint in k-mart or wal-mart... do i have to like take out the tails to do it or is it safe for me to just put tape and paper around em so i dont pain the car... i was thinkin.. if its ok... to i guess just keep he red and ake the yellow blue.... wouldnt it come out green cause of the yellow?

Chubs87Accord
08-05-2002, 02:47 PM
:???:

87accordlx
08-05-2002, 04:52 PM
ok i just painted my tails red with "krylon stained glass colour" you can get it at any craft store, i took my tails off of the car to be safe, taped off the red part and the black outline and put 2 good coats on them, looks great, i don't think blue is legal but i could be wrong
CoAsTeR has a how to on his site http://coastersride.cjb.net/

hope this helps

Chubs87Accord
08-05-2002, 06:39 PM
it might be legal... im in nj... i saw only 1 car so far where the blinker was blue... i think just as long as its blinkin to tel someone your turning... but thanks forthe tips... i think ill keep em onand just prep a lot... becuase if i take em out and cant get em back in i dont feel like having to deal with it... i have an abundance of tape and newspaper so im good... but myother question still remains... will it make it blink green cause of the yellow under it?

A20A1
08-05-2002, 07:10 PM
red or yellow or orange... not blue or green, since more then likely they will be illegal.

I'd say tint the lights... that would make the yellow look less yellow.

Chubs87Accord
08-05-2002, 07:33 PM
yeah... oh well... guess ill have to settle, lol darn