PDA

View Full Version : My Accord Is Lifeless Whats Wrong!!

Trick87Accord
03-20-2005, 10:02 PM
My accord is just like i said lifeless, i went out to start it about 4 days ago and nothing happend not even a click its like i didn't even turn the key on now power to anything, not even my interior lights i am so pissed! i can't figure out whats wrong i checked all my fuses and wires and i am just out of ideas im thinking aout taking it to my honda machanick (i can't spell) but i thought i would try this first, let me know whats up i am all out of ideas! :uh:

-Trick-

Underdog
03-20-2005, 10:33 PM
Did you check your battery/try to jumpstart it? Sounds like a dead/drained battery to me...

Immeraufdemhund
03-21-2005, 06:29 AM
that is my first thought too. DEAD BATTERY. Has it been cold lately in oregon (not cold to you, to the car.. below 32F?) cause batteries and cold dont like each other. If it did freeze bring it to a auto store that has a battery checker and have them check it. If it's bad AFTER charging, then get their best battery. in the northern states you can't get cheaper batteries you'll end up paying more in the end. So far i accidently let my battery freeze twice, both times i brought it in and gradually let it warm up then charged it, and it's still kicking. so anywho... get it checked.

Trick87Accord
03-21-2005, 10:59 AM
ya ive tried both those things jumpping it doesn't work i charged it for a couple of hours then the interior lights came on but then i tryed to start it and then everything went to shit..

YK86
03-21-2005, 12:46 PM
Sounds like a bad battery. A dead battery can hold just enough charge to light up the interior lights but as soon as you turn the key, everything will shut off.

POS carb
03-21-2005, 06:41 PM
dead battery or bad ground on the battery - terminal. also there is a "main" fuse, 70 amps, under the hood, check it for 12V on both sides

POS carb
03-21-2005, 06:45 PM
oh also maybe your ignition switch is screwed up, try hotwiring the starter (use a screwdriver between the starter + and the solenoid wire or tap the battery) and see if it cranks over. if it does then you know the battery is good

Trick87Accord
03-21-2005, 11:52 PM
Thanks everyone the problem is solved there was a small piece of plastic under the wire that was inturupting it from getting a charge and as soon as that was removed then it started right up and drove like a champ tonight so its all good now, thanks everyone, i was scared for a minuete there!
-Trick-
I want to post of new pics i just got my windows tinted so that should add some style to it but wont make it faster, the short shifter will help ill post pics of the installation of that too.

88Accord-DX
03-22-2005, 12:01 AM
nm