PDA

View Full Version : PROJECT: rewire accord with aftermarket kit (carb)

SQ is the SQUAD
03-21-2005, 03:54 PM
i am currentyl in the process of re wiring my accord. i will be running a b series motor with dual sidedraft carbs. i already gutted the whole car and started preparing the new wire harnss to go in. i will be using a painless style aftermarket wire harness like this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=34207&item=4536392963&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
i will not be running any ecu. some things i have already are the wire harness, msc sci ignition and coil for spark. fuel pressure regulator, solex addhe 40mm sidedraft carbs, (still trying to find a cheep enough manifold for a b series, mostlikely b18a, but i do have a spare b18c head.) water/oil tem and oil pressure gauge, autometer tach. preped the engine bay yesterday. i removed every last single thing except for the power steering and brakes. gave the engine bay a good cleaning and a fresh coat of flat black paint.

i have my factory accord shop manual handy with all the wiring diagrams thing i need to wire up are

ignition switch
headlights
taillights
blinkers
hazards
dome light
horn
instrument cluster (at least the lights
my fuba power amplified antenna (new vw short style)
aftermarket power sunroof
power windows
power door locks
remote door poopers ( i have shaved handles)
fuel pump
brake switch

ill worry about wiring the motor later

things i havent figured out yet are
how am i doing to run the spped cable to the b sereis tranny (do the b18a trannys have a spedometer cable?)
if i can wire the factory tach/water temp/ gas guage to work

if any1 know any good tuturals on using a multi meter let me know. any help or suggestions welcome. i will take alot of pictures

SQ is the SQUAD
03-21-2005, 05:38 PM
step 1 is to wire up my ingition switch
my aftermarket wire harness has thes 4 wires
red = ignition switch power
brown = acc
pink = coil
purple = starter

now my factory ingition switch had 7 wires. i rember doing this when i installed my alarm years back but, i gotta start from scratch. seeing that i dont currently have my 12v power source (i am inside the house) i gotta figures out these wires, the accord manual dosent really detail them too much

here is the chart form the manual
http://www.3geez.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4127&stc=1

i need help figuring out what wires are what.
position o is off
position I: yellow from factory switch to the brown acc wire on aftermarket harness
position II: the black/yellow is that allows the car to run, so ill run this to the pink ignition coil wire on my harness.
position III: black/white for the starter to the purple on my aftermarket harness

white wire from factory switch = 12v run to red wire on aftermarket harness

edit*
thanks to the search button and TJ89Accord i found this info:
12V white, white/black + ign. harness, fusebox
STARTER black/white + ign. harness, fusebox
IGNITION black/yellow + ign. harness, fusebox
ACCESSORY yellow and blu/wht + ign. harness, fusebox
SECOND ACCESSORY none
still confused on acc

NXRacer
03-21-2005, 05:49 PM
nice. thats a headache of a project i would be scared of diving into. lol

SQ is the SQUAD
03-21-2005, 06:13 PM
goes the accord factor ingition switch have a ground?

A20A1
03-21-2005, 06:24 PM
So you're going to use the factory switches?

I was looking more towards removng the combo switch and making turn signals and other lights into seperate "on / off" push type and "on / off / on" 3 way toggle type switches near the wheel on my custom dash.

My combo switch is falling apart...

A20A1
03-21-2005, 06:26 PM
goes the accord factor ingition switch have a ground?

Is it grounded to the collumn?

SQ is the SQUAD
03-21-2005, 06:29 PM
yeah, i just ran out and tested everythnig with a test light and it looks good for now, now ont to the lights/blinkers/wipers hazards

SQ is the SQUAD
03-22-2005, 07:09 AM
this is a crappy pic of the harness i am using
http://www.3geez.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4080

SQ is the SQUAD
03-22-2005, 06:54 PM
started running the harness today for the car. got the engine bay all set up. ran the wires to the rear. tomarrow i will wire the fuel pump and tail lights. i think i might be eliminating the rear wiper. my buddy sat down today with the handy accord shop manual and reserched the factory woring diagram and figured out how to wire the rest of the switched on the colum. all we have left is to figure out the guage cluster

SQ is the SQUAD
03-23-2005, 07:14 AM
actually those wires are labeled, its really small print but i can see that they go to