PDA

View Full Version : The end of the road???

Underdog
03-21-2005, 06:29 PM
Well, it looks like it may be the end of the road for my accord. Started going from a stop and around 5 grand I hear a REALLY LOUD pop/grinding noise and the engine revved way up. I don't have any forward gears anymore, plus I don't have reverse either. They're all gone. When it revs up you can hear a grinding noise or like something is loose in there. WHen I put it in park there was a really loud grinding noise. My auto transmission is gone. Getting it towed to the place where we take our cars, but probably won't be getting it fixed. I'd try and replace the transmission myself, but I don't have the time, the place, or really the know how yet to do it myself. We still have to wait and see. Really depends on how much it's going to cost to fix. My dad wants to donate it to charity or whatever if it's too much to fix, but I'd rather try and sell it as a parts car or part it out. The only deal with that is that my dad doesn't want to pay for towing back to our place. On top of all this, I don't have a job, and really really need to get one. I'm even resorting to fast food now, I hadn't applied to any fast food places, but I will be now. :sadwave:

Jay's89Lxi
03-21-2005, 06:43 PM
That sucks man,you have just been having one problem after another. Well if you do end up not fixing it,like I said before name your price and i'll buy it off of you. Then you can go buy another 3g with a 5 speed,haha.

3gn86lxi
03-26-2005, 12:01 AM
Or.............I do have a car trailer Underdog. But depends on what your dad wants to do with it I guess. I could use some parts!!
Let us know what happens, sucks about your luck with the car. :sad2:

A20A1
03-26-2005, 12:23 AM
Awe man sorry that happned to ya. :(

RSXtacy
03-30-2005, 10:16 AM
Just an idea, but i just went through something simliar, could this be broken half shaft??? does the car roll in park still when u hear this grinding? i noticed no forward gears or reverse... i had the SAME thing happen 3 weeks ago. I thought my accord was soon to be cambles soup cans.... but argued with a shop and showed them it WAS a half shaft after they told me it was the tranny . They put new shafts in and drives great!!! [

QUOTE=Underdog]Well, it looks like it may be the end of the road for my accord. Started going from a stop and around 5 grand I hear a REALLY LOUD pop/grinding noise and the engine revved way up. I don't have any forward gears anymore, plus I don't have reverse either. They're all gone. When it revs up you can hear a grinding noise or like something is loose in there. WHen I put it in park there was a really loud grinding noise. My auto transmission is gone. Getting it towed to the place where we take our cars, but probably won't be getting it fixed. I'd try and replace the transmission myself, but I don't have the time, the place, or really the know how yet to do it myself. We still have to wait and see. Really depends on how much it's going to cost to fix. My dad wants to donate it to charity or whatever if it's too much to fix, but I'd rather try and sell it as a parts car or part it out. The only deal with that is that my dad doesn't want to pay for towing back to our place. On top of all this, I don't have a job, and really really need to get one. I'm even resorting to fast food now, I hadn't applied to any fast food places, but I will be now. :sadwave:[/QUOTE]

HostileJava
03-30-2005, 10:22 AM
That sounds wierd, that's a pretty big oversight for a shop to make. I wouldn't be taking my car back there.