PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here make boxes?

89cordlx
08-05-2002, 10:45 AM
Hey, I am about to buy a Infinty Kappa perfect 12" sub and I want a good ported enclosure, one that has maybe 2 feet of space instaed of the ones you see on like ebay that have around a foot. If anyways makes good enclosures or knows where I can find one like that lemme know.

pimp86LX
08-05-2002, 06:41 PM
have you any local car audio shops? sometimes they'll cut ya a deal

sanjay
08-06-2002, 12:36 AM
Just make your own, its not that hard, the only problem is that yoou need tools n stuff, but otherwise its a really fun and good experience

sanjay
08-06-2002, 12:37 AM
i'm in the process of building my own subwoofer enclosure... but i dunno whether to go ported or sealed. Ported sounds better but takes up more boot space. I just don't have that much boot space to go around.

89accordlxi
08-06-2002, 06:35 AM
Well, If you lived closer to Iowa, I would have been more than happy to build you one. Infinity is my favorite brand of subs and I have built many different boxes for mine. The 1.75 cu. ft. ported is my favorite so far.

Peace out..

http://www.geocities.com/tvouthilak/images/accord8.jpg

jigga225
08-07-2002, 09:33 AM
Prepare to give that Perfect at LEAST 500 watts before it gets movin.

89cordlx
08-07-2002, 12:08 PM
hehe oh I know, I have a friend who has one he has his amp devoted to it :)

87pimpsterdocious
08-08-2002, 12:14 AM
if I get perfects could I safely power them off of a jbl 1200.1 (with 600 watts each)? I'd pay attention to gains etc, i just want to make sure it doesn't blow those beauty's. Thanks.

TeKKnoTeKK
08-08-2002, 01:58 AM
Oh yeah man.....those Infinities will hum with that amp! Check out this review I found :D Oh and I guess I am on this article trip tonight but oh well lol. But hell, this guy sounds like he worthips this thing. :cool:

This is a revision to my first review of this subwoofer. I have now had this sub for over 3 months, so now i can write a real review.....

The Infinity Perfect 12 is a big, heavy and downright impressive looking sub. From its Aluminium/ceramic composite cone to the double stacked magnets at the back, this sub is built not only to look scary, but to BE SCARY.

Connections are simple, two gold plated screw in terminals which also accept 'banana plugs'. Make sure you use at least some 10 gauge cable....

It has a 350w RMS, 1400w peak power handling rating, but according to Infinity, it will be more than happy to sing at 600w RMS without a prob. I will believe that. It also claims to have a 14.5mm one way excursion, which equates to an inch in total. I have seen mine move an inch, and i have felt mine move an inch, boy does it feel good.

A WORD OF WARNING TO YOU KIDS OUT THERE! You MUST break this sub in. When i say 'break it in', i dont mean play every bass cd you have at full volume. What i mean is that you should take it easy on the sub for at very least a couple of weeks. Once you have been kind, then, and only then can you turn up the volume to scare children.

My sub is seated very snugly in a 1 cubic foot sealed enclusure, powered by a Alpine V12 MRV-T757. This is set up to throw about 400+w RMS into this sub, and the scary thing is, this sub want's more. This is what i love about this sub. No matter how loud i turn it up, no matter how much everything is shaking, it wont distort, wont burn up, it will not cry mercy. Instead it's me who cry's mercy and turns the volume down.

Now, as for SQ, you are reading a review of a sub which defines SQ. Whether it be jazz, classical or Dr.Dre, this sub will take what you give it and throw it back at you the way it's meant to sound. It's not harsh, and in no way single toned, instead it delivers clean, solid bass which will blow you, your friends, your neighbours, and probably most of the street away.

I love this sub. If you read this a think i'm talking crap, then your the one missing out. Join my world. :bow:

89accordlxi
08-08-2002, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by 87pimpsterdocious
if I get perfects could I safely power them off of a jbl 1200.1 (with 600 watts each)? I'd pay attention to gains etc, i just want to make sure it doesn't blow those beauty's. Thanks.

I think the bp1200.1 will work PERFECTLY with the PERFECTS. I am running a 400w mtx on mine now and I still can't max it out before the amp does. I have been wanting a jbl for such a long time now. But my dilema is that I am on a limited budget and don't know if I want to work on performance or audio first.
Headers or amp?:banghead: I just can't decide.
If anyone has bought a 1200.1, let me know how much you paid and where. I know you can get one for about $280 on the web. What is a good site.

Peace out..

jigga225
08-08-2002, 06:46 AM
I know a while back the 12" perfects were 160 on eBay, and 140 for the tens

89cordlx
08-08-2002, 11:43 AM
they're still like the same price per woofer.