PDA

View Full Version : Accord of the Month Voting Thread

HostileJava
03-24-2005, 08:36 AM
Steve and I were talking abou how the AOM voting is held and while it's a good system now, we think it's unfair to some members who have mostly stock looking car but lots of money and time invested in the engine. Especially if you get some noobs who don't look at the nomination section and just see the pictures and vote. Would there be anyway that AOM nominees could get access to the vBGarage even if they aren't paying members just so that in the voting thread under each picture we could provide a link to the list of mods. After the voting is over the non paying members would then loose access to the vBgarage. Or maybe setup some other way for the other members to see the mod list before they vote. Just a suggestion to try and make things a little more fair.

SteveDX89
03-24-2005, 08:37 AM
Or provide a link to the nomination thread.

HostileJava
03-24-2005, 08:39 AM
Actually you can provide a link to each individual post that had that persons mods and pictures underneath the single picture in the voting thread. That might be easier then the vBGarage idea. Like this:

http://www.3geez.com/showpost.php?p=489419&postcount=2

Mike's89AccordLX
03-24-2005, 10:31 AM
I think that's a good idea. I know that we used to list off all the mods for each car but that seemed to get to be a long post for each person. I like the link idea. I know what you guys mean about stock looking cars not getting any respect. I mean after I put 17's on people finally started noticing my car. I was like that's dumb. I put rims on and people think my car is cool. I thinking all that hard work I did to my motor and other things never will get noticed. Especially Steve, that motor swap is awesome. I think anyone that does that type of work should get the same if not more respect and attention than someone that just has rims or stuff like that.

-Mike

87accordlxi
03-24-2005, 10:48 AM
Past AOM voting threads have included the mod lists along with the pictures. The guidelines don't state this as being necessary, but that is something that we can easily mandate for next month. It would simply involve copying the mod lists and pictures from the nomination thread over to the voting thread.

BITESIZE
03-24-2005, 10:48 AM
Rims make or break a car dude! LOL

SteveDX89
03-24-2005, 10:52 AM

No, they don't. I've seen rims on junkyard cars and they still sucked.

HostileJava
03-24-2005, 11:14 AM
Past AOM voting threads have included the mod lists along with the pictures. The guidelines don't state this as being necessary, but that is something that we can easily mandate for next month. It would simply involve copying the mod lists and pictures from the nomination thread over to the voting thread.

I know it had been done in the past, but the last couple times it hasn't and well it didn't seem totally fair. So I just thought I'd bring it up. Thanks Joe.

88accordhb
03-24-2005, 11:15 AM
No, they don't. I've seen rims on junkyard cars and they still sucked.
haha

well i agree with you jim, some pple vote for cars with just looks, but who cares, cuz if you can get nominated, you can get AOM. that's my 2 cents, but usually i go for the guys with the most wickedest motor mods, that's why i nomed steve, cuz his car rocks. others too.

SteveDX89
03-24-2005, 11:28 AM
usually i go for the guys with the most wickedest motor mods, that's why i nomed steve, cuz his car rocks.

:rolleyes:

MIK3
03-26-2005, 10:43 PM

:uh: ^ 23