PDA

View Full Version : tail lights red color is fading?

jkim1978
08-05-2002, 03:00 PM
my tail light red paint.. the amber part that i painted with candy apple red is fading... i want to re-paint it.. but i think its more wise if i remove the old paint first right? or can i just paint it over while the old fading paint is still on it.... if not.. how can i remove the old paint.. i tried everything... paint thinner... goof off.... nail polish remover.. i tried everything.. but i can't seem to remove the old fading paint off... its realling looking bad.. cause its getting faded and stuff... should i just paint it over... while the old paint is still on it? any suggestions?

Mike89Accordcom
08-05-2002, 03:28 PM
Mine did the same thing, although it didn't look that bad, just in a few places you could see fade spots. I just repainted over it. That way it's like you got 2 coats on it. :super: :super:

A20A1
08-05-2002, 05:14 PM
careful about certain paint removers or you'll end up melting the plastic

87accordlxph
08-06-2002, 08:27 AM
Yea, I'd just repaint over em and blend them in to cover high and low spots.

toastyghost
08-08-2002, 11:32 PM
Yeah you can see orange through mine a little bit. Fuck it, I'm going red/black as soon as I find some Niteshades. I've been looking for it because I don't want to pay twice what it's worth to have it shipped. It's looking like it will come down to that, though...