PDA

View Full Version : hard shifting

jayshonda
03-24-2005, 03:47 PM
I posted before about hard shifting. Someone suggested the tranny was getting ready to call it a day. After some thought, I want to add, the SHIFT LEVER is hard moving. It isn't hard to get it into gear, but the lever is hard moving front to back. The only place that's loose is right to left in neutral. I removed the console/boot and sprayed grease on the ball, but it's still hard to move. I'm thinking there is a pivot point on the shift lever that I can't see from underneath cause it's like a tunnel back into where the arm attaches to the bottom of the lever.

Any thoughts on where to grease?

shepherd79
03-24-2005, 04:52 PM
you can't grease anything. everything is inside the tranny at this point. what kind oil is in it? if you use too thick of oil it will make shifting too hard.

Oldblueaccord
03-29-2005, 11:54 PM
I posted before about hard shifting. Someone suggested the tranny was getting ready to call it a day. After some thought, I want to add, the SHIFT LEVER is hard moving. It isn't hard to get it into gear, but the lever is hard moving front to back. The only place that's loose is right to left in neutral. I removed the console/boot and sprayed grease on the ball, but it's still hard to move. I'm thinking there is a pivot point on the shift lever that I can't see from underneath cause it's like a tunnel back into where the arm attaches to the bottom of the lever.

Any thoughts on where to grease?

There's a rail that goes from the shifter to inside the transmission you can clean this and make sure that it is clean. The small dust boot maybe ripped.

With the car off and the clutch in you should be able to throw it back and forth pretty easy.

wp