PDA

View Full Version : ...Wreck...

2drSE-i
03-24-2005, 06:16 PM
Well.....my third wreck since i got my license in feb of '04

i know, shitty driver right?

well at least this one wasn't my fault

First one:
Sonic parking lot, backed up straight into this lady who was parked :lol: sucked ass, my second day driving, felt like shit Broke my drivers side tail light, just the corner piece
TINY scratches on this ladys bumper, costs the insurance $2000

Second one:
some guy with an RSX-s slams his brakes (performance modded) and downshifts to N, my brakes cudnt stop nearly as quickly as his could
broke a corner light, bent plastic bumper
Not even visible scratch on his rear bumper, (apparently my car absorbed all the schock) cost me $460 so they could repaint his bumper
a week later he has a new spoiler

Third one, as of 3-22-05
This one was technically my fault, as the other guy was completely innocent
Its raining
Im turning right in a right turn only lane, a guy who is sitting at the stop light waiting to go straight, cuts into my lane (within inches of my car), i slam on the brakes (remember it is raining) and slide about 30 feet, try to turn right (as originally planned), and hit the guy in the left turn lane.

He was a really nice guy tho

he apparently has connections in the body shop industry (hooray for luck) and got an estimate for $135 to fix his front bumper (only thing affected on his car)

problem is, i just started a new job, and this willl have to wait

damage to my car (makes me very sad) Bent the front drivers fender (the extreme front of it) it bent into the headlight assembly, and 1 of my new clear corner lights is crushed....i have some REALLY shitty luck, just felt like sharing

heres a question tho, would a headlights assembly from a junkyard be worth picking up, or shud i just spring for a new one? i know a fender will be ok, as long as i check it for rust and everything. thanks :uh: :uh:

MattsAccord
03-24-2005, 06:26 PM
Wow your insurance must be $1000 a month.

2drSE-i
03-24-2005, 06:45 PM
no, but id deserve it if it were, i just have really shitty luck....
its still at the rate it started at because my dad has had his for 7 years or so, so it didnt increase on the first one, but the other two have been outa pocket :-/

leia
03-24-2005, 07:20 PM
That does suck!

Even if you say its just luck, totally never letting you touch my car :)

2drSE-i
03-24-2005, 07:24 PM
hehe, cant say that i blame you

i really am a good driver, i just need to stop driving near or around school, people CAN NOT drive around there

its amazing if you go 2 weeks without getting in a wreck at my school, i always get to school 30 mins early and leave 30 mins late, not taking any chances

frankie89
03-24-2005, 07:26 PM
man b4 i could go to your house i'd park 2 blocks away... ya know im just kidding.. thats life some of us have worse luck than others, just remember to stay safe and alert when u drive.....

HostilesHoney
03-24-2005, 07:26 PM
You and me both. I got my liscense in 1999 and I've had an accident happen to my car every year since then.

#1: (1999) I was a wreck after picking up my daughter from daycare b/c she was really sick. All I wanted to do was get her home. I'm driving 35-40 mph and go through a green light. All of a sudden I'm at another light which is red and I slam on my brakes only to be too late and smash into the lady in front of me who just happened to have three children in her car. She didn't take my insurance info since there didn't appear to be damage done to her car. So that one was never reported. At the time I was driving a '88 Chevy Cavelier.

#2: (2000) I was leaving the college parking lot, going past the rows of cars to leave the lot when out of nowhere, the chick pulls out and smashed right behind my driver's side wheel, all the back to the passenger side door. Of course the car was not driveable and ended up being totaled. So then I ended up buying a 94 Cutless Cieara Olds, which is what I'm driving today. Trust me, I didn't buy the car for its appearance. It was what I could afford and it worked.

#3: (2001) I was driving the Olds to Hostile's parent's house. Their house is on the corner of a state road. I was at the stop sign right next to their house, at a T in the road. I looked both ways and saw a car coming up the road but I know I would have had enough time to make my left and pull into their driveway. Anyway, I make a left onto the state road and immediately put on my left turn indicator to pull into their driveway. I'm partially into the left turn to go into their driveway, when all of a sudden I'm hit on my driver's side and knocked back onto the state road. I quickly pulled into their driveway, put the car in park, and saw a black car with the top down in mid-air. The car would have completely flipped if it hadn't been stopped by a tree in the nieghbor's yard across the street. My first thoughts were OMG, I killed somebody. My daughter is in the backseat, only about 1.5 years old is screaming and completely upset. I got her out of the car and brought her into my in-laws house. She seemed to be alright. I don't know what this guy was thinking, but he was going well over the speek limit of 45 mph and he passed me on a double yellow line on the left hand side while I was making a left. Yes, it was a guy driving the car, who was about 55 years old. So, don't believe it when you're parents say only kids who got just got their licenses are bad drivers.

#4: (2002) This one I had nothing to do with. It was winter and the weather had turned really bad. Hostile was trying to pick me up from work. He didn't think he would make it in the blue hatch, so he took my olds. On his way, he ended up loosing control of the car and hit telephone poll and totaled my car. It wasn't his fault either, he was trying to be a good boyfriend at the time and get me home from work.

So, there is my beautiful story, 2 cars in 4 years. None of them really being my fault. And surprisingly our insurance is not that bad. Sorry about writing a book here, but as you can see, my driving career has been quite the bumpy one. Since the last one I haven't been in an accident (knock on wood) and I hope it stays that way. Talk about your dumb luck!

2drSE-i
03-24-2005, 07:31 PM
well, at least 1 of the three of yours wasnt your fault lol
but i guess i should count myself lucky that i still have my beautiful 3g
and theres nothing wrong with buying a reliable beater, as alot of us here on 3geez know
i was surprised when my mom said "i dont know why your dad didnt just buy you a beater"

most people with newer cars consider mine a beater, but w/e lol

Vanilla Sky
03-25-2005, 04:13 AM
so far, i've not wrecked once... i did run off the road one time, only causing damage to the car i was in... was my fault but never got reported to anyone...

driving a car without insurance will teach you to drive better... trust me...

Hash_man_Se_i
03-25-2005, 06:45 PM
Wow your insurance must be $1000 a month.

You must be kidding right? that or your insurance is dirt cheap down in the states... Up until a couple months ago, my insurance without collision coverage was $3600/yr CDN, now it dropped to $1600/year because im 18 with a clean record.

leia
03-25-2005, 06:47 PM
Mines $650/year :) But I only have liability, no colision. And been driving with clean record (till Halloween....yet it didn't go up, hmmmm) for 5 years.

frankie89
03-25-2005, 08:43 PM
damn leia your up in da 600s, my insurance is only 312$ a year and im wit AIG..Thats only liability...
Mines $650/year :) But I only have liability, no colision. And been driving with clean record (till Halloween....yet it didn't go up, hmmmm) for 5 years.

Vanilla Sky
03-25-2005, 08:54 PM
mine's like $1150 a year, liability only

leia
03-25-2005, 08:58 PM
Depends on the area. Mine would cost more if I drove mostly in the area I'm from, but it went down when I took my car to school with me.

mykwikcoupe
03-25-2005, 09:42 PM
ok lets see 318 an month so thats 3700 a year. Im 25, married, with child, a home owner, good student discount, multiple car discount. All that jsut to let someone let me drive my car. dang republicans for thinking something like this up. Ive only got the 1 ticket but its the 3 cars and 2 bikes. basic liability and uder insured motorist coverage

2drSE-i
03-25-2005, 10:37 PM
haha back on topic please!
i believe mine is 600 a year, but its gonna go up unless i get out of the ticket, which i most likely will.

would a headlight assembly from the junkyard be worth it to put it, or shud i just go new?

BlueBead
03-25-2005, 11:23 PM
I'd go with a JY headlight assembly... it sounds like you might be replacing it in the near future anyways.... J/K!!! hahah
but seriously. Those assemblies are pretty sturdy; Iv'e got 350,000 k on my 4dr and the lights still work fine. The only thing is try to get one that matches your paint colour, or you'll see the difference everytime you open the hood.
I'd give you one from my parts car, but I'm not paying shipping and its probably cheaper going to a JY than shipping across the border.
Good luck man! don't wreck your car!

2drSE-i
03-29-2005, 07:51 PM
they are called accidents for a reason -_-

alright ill just go junkyard then, thanks guys

Underdog
03-29-2005, 08:12 PM
Good luck getting one in that color. I looked forever trying to find one in that color, and when I finally did, the junkyard wanted $80 for the headlight assembly. I ended up getting one that was the darker gray and I just left the headlights up so you couldn't really tell.

2drSE-i
04-02-2005, 10:16 AM
im not too worried about it, my dad is taking it to Yohans Honduras (local import shop) who he trusts, and their gonna take care of it, probably for way more $$ then i wanted to spend, but he doesnt care cause hes not paying for it.......