PDA

View Full Version : Broken windsheild

Ace
03-24-2005, 06:45 PM
Tuesday I was driving home with my 8 1/2 month pregnant girlfriend we started arguing and bang she threw a apple juice bottle it goes all over my car I am already pissed but come to find out she cracked my windshield :mad: I cant beleieve it and it is spreading really bad will have fixed asap but hey has anyone ever had this happen or had a girlfriend broke a window cool thing is she is going to pay for it :lol:

2drSE-i
03-24-2005, 06:52 PM
You cant find a more mad person than someone who has a human being kicking the shit out of their insides........lol
trust me i would know, my moms had 5 kids -_-
but seriously, go to a junkyard and find a good windshield, get it put in at some other place. INSPECT IT CAREFULLY!!

MrBen
03-24-2005, 06:55 PM
My friend was trying to kill a fly in my car and hit the windshield and broke it.... a couple weeks after I had replaced it from a rock hitting it.

2drSE-i
03-24-2005, 07:11 PM
My friend was trying to kill a fly in my car and hit the windshield and broke it.... a couple weeks after I had replaced it from a rock hitting it.

i
would
be
PISSED!!!!!!!!

leia
03-24-2005, 07:22 PM
That would suck!
I only had to buy one windshield, for the 3g after I got it.
When I bought it there was a small chip which was growing and I was just super super lazy about dealing with it. So I waited till my inspection & just told my mechanic to order a new windshield & put it in when he inspected it. By then it was prolly beyond being repairable. And my mechanic is at home, I'm at school like 10 months out of the year, he's a family friend and a good guy, my 3g has been going to that same shop its entire life.....might as well keep with the trend.

If my friend broke my windshield, they'd be buying me a new one!

frankie89
03-24-2005, 07:31 PM
mine was broken when this past summer.my woman was just mad at me cuz i told her that her sister was fine...so she broke my driver side window, aint dat some shit... :mad: :Owned2:

danronian
03-24-2005, 10:26 PM
I would just go with a new windshield since getting a brittle one out of a car, stripping it and then installing it will probably break the thing if you haven't done it before. I am guessing it should be less than $200 for a new one installed, probably around $150ish.

snow_man_20
03-25-2005, 12:51 AM
In high school i cheated on my ex with her best friend and she broke out the T-tops in my camaro, i couldn't find any ANYWERE so i had to buy new ones.

3gn86lxi
03-25-2005, 08:47 PM
I can put in 3gee windshields for bout $180. I install windshields for a living, and I will say......DON'T install it yourself!!!!!!!!! And don't waste your money on a used windshield! :uh:
Any shop worth shit won't guarrantee a used windshield against breakage, or leaks. It depends on your area what the price will actually be, but this is one thing best left to the professionals.
I hate seeing people saying that you can do it yourself, do you really want to play with your life?? It really is a SAFETY issue.

MrBen
03-25-2005, 08:49 PM
Yeah DO NOT install it yourself, I have seen them put a windshield in my car 2 times and it is not an easy process on the 3g. It cost me 170 dollars but you can get it down to about 150 if you deal with the guy. I went through www.glassdoctor.com

mykwikcoupe
03-25-2005, 09:39 PM
ok 3rdgenlxi Ive got 2 that need it 1 88 coupe and 1 89 sedan. how much for both and what warranty do you offer for a fellow board member. free lifetime rock ckip repair? Garranty agaist leaks for life? Is this the glass with the blue shade at the top? Im in marysville. Do I come to you or do you come t me

3gn86lxi
03-25-2005, 11:02 PM
Guarranteed against leaks for as long as you own em, no rock chip guarrantee though. Marysville is up north, right? Whats it close to? I'm in Port Orchard, but we may have a shop close to you and I can arrange to have them do it for you.
These are shaded windshields, I can even make them OEM Honda glass for our years. It should be APteck glass...originally anyway. Odds are it's been replaced before. But let me know what Marysville is exactly.

Hash_man_Se_i
03-25-2005, 11:28 PM
These are shaded windshields, I can even make them OEM Honda glass for our years. It should be APteck glass...originally anyway. Odds are it's been replaced before. But let me know what Marysville is exactly.

I thought our cars were PPG originally? could be wrong though... either way, there isnt much of a difference, although I don't think I would want an XYG shield.

But yeah, I worked at a windshield shop last summer, and definately do not put a used windshield in your car, side glass, rear glass why not, but a windshield is a huge safety feature for your car, most people don't realize it. And if you go and install it yourself, I gaurantee 99% of people would not prep the surface properly and would end up with a nice rusty windshield frame in about a year or so.

Anyways, I know where i live a new shield is only like $150 CDN... installed.

88accordhb
03-26-2005, 12:52 AM
haha

MrBen
03-26-2005, 08:40 AM
Guarranteed against leaks for as long as you own em, no rock chip guarrantee though. Marysville is up north, right? Whats it close to? I'm in Port Orchard, but we may have a shop close to you and I can arrange to have them do it for you.

Marysville is about 1.5 hours away from you. It's a couple minutes north of Everett, or about 35 minutes north of Seattle.

2drSE-i
03-26-2005, 02:59 PM
no i wasn't saying install it yourself, thats stupid.
but if you wanna save money, you can get a junkyard one...but from what ive read thats a bad idea lol

mykwikcoupe
03-26-2005, 09:20 PM
yep let me know 3rd gen. So and by the way im not having a great day by any standards. Im heading north I5 through everett the shithole and a freaking pealed of retread hits the front bumper. It shattered the from bumper light broke the mounting tab on the bumper itself screwed the paint not like the bumper was great but still. Im glad it didnt break my JDM corner or hit the hood/fender. i woulda killed a trucker