PDA

View Full Version : Tokicos............

3gn86lxi
03-26-2005, 06:32 PM
Any comments about Tokico struts? Who has them, and will they handle lowering springs??
I have Springtech 2.5 drop front, and 2.25 rear. Do you guys think the stuts can handle them, they are not real stiff springs.
Any info will help me, thanks.

88Accord-DX
03-26-2005, 07:03 PM
From what I know about Tokicos, there really not ment for that low of a drop in the front. They will be little bouncy on the front & will more than likely blow in a while. They would be ok for the rear for some time. Most people would re-commend Re-valved Bilsteins, which are high dollar. Konis are the best bet, which are high $$ & dis-continued. I've heard of getting them shortened for that low of a drop, but never seen any critical evidence supporting it. That is about all I know. :)

Vanilla Sky
03-26-2005, 07:10 PM
i gurantee that they will be blown in just a couple months... go ahead and pony up the money for some bilstiens, or the konis that are for sale in the marketplace

3gn86lxi
03-26-2005, 07:20 PM
i gurantee that they will be blown in just a couple months... go ahead and pony up the money for some bilstiens, or the konis that are for sale in the marketplace
Too much $$$$$. Thats out of my price range for sure.

Busted_Blue
03-26-2005, 08:17 PM
I have tokico blues on my tokico 1inch springs and those work quite nicely. Still some bounce in the front.

spring rates for tokico springs are
front 350lbs
rear 190lbs

vs your spring rates

Sprint 2.25"
Front 350lbs
Rear 342lbs

the tokicos can handle it somewhat...there is noticable bounce but the ISSUE right now is that you are dropping it 2.5inches. This will give the struts less length to move up and down and cause them to prematurely blow. Be careful about lowering it with these struts.

I think Tokicos shouldn't be used for over 2inch drop IMO. If you are going to do it right, I suggest bilstiens or the Konis in the marketplace like other members said. It is worth the money to do it right and save the hassle.

Bottomline: Tokico blues are nice replacements for stock and springs around 1.5 inch drop. I reccomend you spend the 600-700bucks for the nicer shocks so you save yourself alot of hassle.

Vanilla Sky
03-26-2005, 08:32 PM
IMO, 1.5 inch drop is pushing it on tokicos...

do you already own the springs? would you be willing to sell them for something else or trade for something else? something softer with less drop is what you need...

remember that these struts are only 15% stiffer than stock struts, so only expect to use a spring that much stiffer... you can refer to the spring rates sticky for spring rates

3gn86lxi
03-26-2005, 08:55 PM
I already have the springs installed with oem replacement struts. They obviosly can't handle them, and I want to replace them.
I can't spend $600 for srtuts......I just can't bring myself to spend that kind of money on this car.
And I really like the ride hight now, I don't want to go up.

ACE_14
03-26-2005, 09:30 PM
i've had my tokicos for about three years now with h&r sport springs. they're about a 1.5" drop. i've had no problems what so ever. not too bouncy, and handles great. if i got another accord, i'd go with the same set-up again.

Busted_Blue
03-27-2005, 12:58 AM
then just buy the tokicos if you cant afford anything else. then tell us how it goes :) dont say we didnt warn ya.

doug
03-27-2005, 06:59 AM
Any comments about Tokico struts? Who has them, and will they handle lowering springs??
I have Springtech 2.5 drop front, and 2.25 rear. Do you guys think the stuts can handle them, they are not real stiff springs.
Any info will help me, thanks.

My experience is that they hold up well with springs that have very high rates and offer a very clean ride while doing so. My tokicos have been on the rear of my hatchback since I put the Skunk2 springs on and the skunks have some of the highest rates around. I rode over a year with them, no problems. And if I do get the car fixed, they will remain there. I do have Koni on the front.

od2681
03-27-2005, 08:27 AM
i used to have tokicos with 2 inch drop springs...ride was stiff but they never blew or anything.had em for more htan a year..they recommend on those like 1.5 inch drop...2.5 is pushin it...

3gn86lxi
03-27-2005, 10:02 AM
then just buy the tokicos if you cant afford anything else. then tell us how it goes :) dont say we didnt warn ya.
I am warned...

TheWatcher
03-29-2005, 05:48 PM
No need to buy Tokicos.

The Koni Group Buy is here.

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?p=505513

:)