PDA

View Full Version : How hard would it be to install this sub?

Raynor
03-29-2005, 09:22 AM
I'm thinking about buying the 8" Bazookaź Subwoofer Tube (EL8A). It's 50-watts and has a built-in amp. I realize that the sound quality won't be that great, but I'm thinking about putting it inside the car (as opposed to the trunk). It's about $95 at CircuitCity and includes all of the wiring. I think I need to hook up the RCA cables to the deck, run a ground, and run a wire to the battery.

How hard would it be for me to do the installation myself? It costs $60 to get it installed and that would make it unaffordable for me. I got my deck installed professionally (because they were running a deal where installation was free) and I installed the speakers myself (which involved four screws and two wires for each). Could I handle installing this sub though I have no experience?

If you think it wouldn't be that hard, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Vanilla Sky
03-29-2005, 09:24 AM
sure, it shouldn't be hard, just follow the instructions that come with the subwoofer

MrBen
03-29-2005, 09:29 AM
Those things put out a little thump. Not much. But it's some.

Just think though, if you save up double that, you can get one of those subwoofer and amp kits that circuit city likes to sell around the summertime. Just keep looking on Sundays when their ads come out. You'd get a lot more thump.

HostileJava
03-29-2005, 09:40 AM
I don't really like those, but I was thinking about getting one cause they are so damn easy to remove if I want the weight savings. Does the installation cost include all the wires or is that seperate? Might be worth it if it includes all the materials.