PDA

View Full Version : Huge Discovery!!!!!!!!!! Must See!!!!

adams86lxi
03-29-2005, 03:51 PM
Well today i decided to go to a local import shop and see if they have silicone hose couplers for my turbo project and he asks to see under my hood so i agree and he was then like "hey that accord over there has a h22 in it!" I was like NO FUCKING WAY!!!!!! Now i posted a while ago that i thought there was a h22 3gee some where in town around here but i didnt believe it until today!!!!!!! It was a 88-89 style lx converted to fi. He said it was running a few weeks ago but something went wrong not sure what though. I was so excited i busted out my cell phone and got a few pics but the camera was acting weird and wouldnt let me take the pictures so i only got 2 but non the less its a h22 in a 3gee!!!!!!!! Ill try to get more pics with a digital camera next time im over there. They had some insane cars like a S14 with a 2jz in it just sitting out front too!!!!! So add one more h22 3gee to that small list!!! I was to excited to ask how they did it i was just in aww. But next time im over there ill ask some details.

Gives hope to fellow 3geers that want to do this swap!!! He made it sound like the swap was nothing!!!

Here are the pics!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/adams86lxi/03-29-05_1513.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/adams86lxi/03-29-05_1515.jpg

There was a horrible glare on the screan and i couldnt see at all, so i just practically was taking pics blind on my phone.

NXRacer
03-29-2005, 03:57 PM
you MUST get more pictures. Gotta contact the guy that has it and tell him to post up here. Good find dude!

badmanferg
03-29-2005, 04:02 PM
tight fit, awesome find nonetheless

Cheeseburger
03-29-2005, 04:02 PM
holly shit man. so who is the owner. of the car? you should try to get him to post in 3geez.com. we might have another meet so see if you can get a hold of him.man that sweet

Lok
03-29-2005, 04:39 PM
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NICE FIND MAN....................
Maybe the owner we'll tell you some specs of the components ( mounts-axles) he used
to do the swap?????

Underdog
03-29-2005, 04:54 PM
Damn....That thing's a sleeper for sure.

88LXi68
03-29-2005, 05:23 PM
looks like he is using a cable clutch...??

Vanilla Sky
03-29-2005, 07:14 PM
he might be using an adapter plate with a b-series trans...

nice find, but man, see if you can get in touch with that guy...

frankie89
03-29-2005, 07:29 PM
omfg..thats nice...

AccordEpicenter
03-29-2005, 08:13 PM
wow... Big Tup... THEY DO EXIST lol

carotman
03-29-2005, 09:40 PM
You can use a cable clutch on a hydro tranny pretty easily. Just make a bracket to hold the cable on the tranny and the cable will just replace the slave cylinder.

Looks like he had to do a weld job for the driver side mount (and other mounts as well I suppose)

This fit isn't that tight... I've seen worse on 92-95 civics.

adams86lxi
03-29-2005, 10:57 PM
ill try to get more pics some time guys. I dont know whos car it was. I know it wasnt the guy who showed me it because he didnt even know what year it was. Ill try to find out whos it is. This car honestly just sits threre in the back of there shop with all the seats full of car parts and all the windows rolled down and it looks like its just a abanded car. You would never ever think this thing had a h22 in it!!! I dont think its been driven in awhile. It wasnt running when i talked to the guy but he said it was running strong not to long ago!

Hash_man_Se_i
03-29-2005, 11:16 PM
Wow, thats awesome.... such a sleeper too, nothing done to the outside that i can see.

Definately try and find out more info.

Justin86
03-29-2005, 11:37 PM
badass :D

snow_man_20
03-29-2005, 11:46 PM
good find, kinda sad that all that work kinda going to waste.

blazin3gen
03-29-2005, 11:54 PM
holly freaken shit thats about the 2nd known h22 i know about actually 3rd but i remeber the other dude just pretty much said fuck the project

more info and pics on that asap!

Oldblueaccord
03-30-2005, 12:03 AM
holly freaken shit thats about the 2nd known h22 i know about actually 3rd but i remeber the other dude just pretty much said fuck the project

more info and pics on that asap!

Damn to bad they wont fit. ....... :bowrofl:

Where's smufguy PM him so he can see it :omg:

I have a pic of one in a car as my desktop for the last six months. :rockon:

buds302
03-30-2005, 12:11 AM
dude if i were you i would try to either buy it from the dude or steal it or maybe just steal the mounts and get coipies made so you can sell them and we can do the swap.

my86dx4dr
03-30-2005, 12:33 AM
dude if i were you i would try to either buy it from the dude or steal it or maybe just steal the mounts and get coipies made so you can sell them and we can do the swap.
I would look into some offers. :cool:

88accordhb
03-30-2005, 12:45 AM
good shit yo

88Accord-DX
03-30-2005, 12:56 AM
That is cool. Newbie got mad over same engine swap & said he could do it 3 weeks. lol

buds302
03-30-2005, 02:50 AM
naw naw i think he said he did it in two days and we all flamed him for it

Cheeseburger
03-30-2005, 06:39 AM
hey adam see and find out if he wants to sell, and see whats wrong with it.

myaccord7
03-30-2005, 07:56 AM
ohhhhhhhhhh, i dont know what to say. wow

zach

HostileJava
03-30-2005, 08:09 AM
Good find. Get the guys # or somthing and invite him on to the board. Did he do the swap or did the shop you were at? Either way I'm sure everyone would like some info on the swap from whoever did it.

sporkHSP
03-30-2005, 01:30 PM
nice. definatly fing out about those mounts.

b20a86lude
03-30-2005, 05:57 PM
yea man u should def buy it man its worth every penny man that is so nice give me the number to the shop so i can call them ill have chat with them and if they tryin to sell it ill buy it so give me the number and ill get it

my86dx4dr
03-30-2005, 06:05 PM
yea man u should def buy it man its worth every penny man that is so nice give me the number to the shop so i can call them ill have chat with them and if they tryin to sell it ill buy it so give me the number and ill get it
Man, Like tottaly man, yeah man, Sweet man, do it man, Man thats cool man, man......... like ahaha man, oh man, :kekeke:

adams86lxi
03-30-2005, 09:31 PM

I remember him saying that they used the stock carb fuel lines and they couldnt handle the pressure of F.I. (duh!!!) and they blew out and thats why it didnt run but i dont know. They said it ran good not to long ago though. Here is the number but i think its a customers car i dont really know? I know it just sits there. They did the swap for the guy but i have no idea whos car it was but you can give them a call and see what they say. They guy i talked to was cullen but i dont think he eactly new much about it but he might know more then some of the others about it. Call them up and see what they say. There name is garage works. The # is 661-538-9817 let me know what they say!

adams86lxi
03-30-2005, 09:34 PM
BTW: this is there web sight if you guys are intersted.

http://www.garageworksltd.com

Coroncho80
03-31-2005, 08:05 PM
nice photoshop work. It looks real but slow hehehe

adams86lxi
03-31-2005, 10:41 PM
nice photoshop work. It looks real but slow hehehe

lol you wish that shit was photoshopped. I would of made the engine and car look alot better then that trust me. Any ways this shop is awesome i heard they are working on putting a 1jz in a toyota previa van right now!

adams86lxi
04-22-2005, 09:05 PM
btw: did anyone ever call them up and ask about the accord???

A20A1
04-22-2005, 09:39 PM
I remember him saying that they used the stock carb fuel lines and they couldnt handle the pressure of F.I. (duh!!!) and they blew out and thats why it didnt run but i dont know

Well at least they managed to get everything else hooked up... I dunno why he'd overlook the fuel system like that... too much excitement I guess. :uh:

HondaBoy
04-24-2005, 01:20 PM
too cool. you must get this guy onto 3geez. are those 13 inch crx del sol wheels? sleeper for sure.

Cheeseburger
04-24-2005, 01:27 PM
o ya i called the place yesterday and i asked the guy how much yould a swap like that cost and he said 6 grand.

88accordhb
04-24-2005, 03:31 PM
sounds about right, that's a sweet ass ride. and for all those flaming the guy tryin to do the h22 swap, at least he's trying.

88accordalltheway
04-24-2005, 06:30 PM
steal the mounts adam!!!

mr eff
04-24-2005, 06:43 PM
i emailed them and the guy quoted me 4500 for swapping an h22 into my lxi. i wrote him back asking what all was included, whether after dropping that money i'd be able to drive out of the shop or what would still need to be done.

still waiting for a response. temping stuff though!

chris

SQ is the SQUAD
04-25-2005, 03:38 AM
ru guys kidding me, if the owner came to this sit it would be hell for him cuz every spazz would me asking the same dam questions over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

SteveDX89
04-25-2005, 04:01 AM
ru guys kidding me, if the owner came to this sit it would be hell for him cuz every spazz would me asking the same dam questions over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Sounds kinda familiar. :kekeke:

89accord_lxi_coupe
04-25-2005, 04:26 AM
yo whatever became of this car? if the car has been there for quite a while the garage has the right to consider it abandoned. if they do that then that also gives them the right to sell it. from the dates on this thread it has been there for a while, so they can sell it now. the only thing i'm not sure about is how you transfer title and stuff in this type of situation. you said the fuel lines were the cause of it not running now? dude, buy it and put on some new fuel hoses.

jigga89SEi
04-25-2005, 08:01 AM
The company will go through a process of getting the title then they will sign it over to the buyer...We do this at work all the time cause people don't pay there bills or military guys go out on deployment and think that we're free storage or something...

MoonScryer
04-25-2005, 08:19 AM

Kind of like they are doing now.

Mr.eff: Dur, don't you think they would make sure it would include everything in the quote for a rolling and running car? If a shop doesn't do that, they wouldn't be in business.

Nice car, easily fabricated mount. Saves me some time and money.

Integral
05-04-2005, 06:01 AM
hey seroiusly get more pics! im not j/k (if your reading this get up RIGHT NOw! and go take more pics) :uh:

snoopyloopy
06-02-2005, 09:47 PM
i'm saving up my pennies. i'll roll an h22 under my hood yet.

mr eff
06-02-2005, 10:25 PM
Mr.eff: Dur, don't you think they would make sure it would include everything in the quote for a rolling and running car? If a shop doesn't do that, they wouldn't be in business

well, it's not such a retarded concern. our shop will swap engines, but from the same model and therefore there isn't anything nearly as drastic as changing mounts, fuel system delivery, on-board diagnostic ECU change, axles, transmission, clutch from cable to hydro... god knows what else is involved.

the price seemed low to me, since lots of prelude people speak of spending 2000$ on their h22's head alone. granted, they're having lots of work done to it. nonetheless, less than 5000$ for a new car, in both parts and labor, seemed a bit good to be true.

that's why i wanted to send an email to the company asking whether he included price for swapping all that i just mentioned.

no offense to you, just saying i went "dur" on something is a bit goofy when it is a fairly legitimate question to the shop whose doing a cross-model, cross-generation swap of completeley different engines and parts.

TheWatcher
06-02-2005, 11:18 PM
lol you wish that shit was photoshopped. I would of made the engine and car look alot better then that trust me. Any ways this shop is awesome i heard they are working on putting a 1jz in a toyota previa van right now!This should be right next to the picture of the UFO. :lol:

Peace.

88Accord-DX
06-06-2005, 12:01 AM
hey seroiusly get more pics! im not j/k (if your reading this get up RIGHT NOw! and go take more pics) :uh:

:lol:

MoonScryer
06-06-2005, 06:28 PM
no offense to you, just saying i went "dur" on something is a bit goofy when it is a fairly legitimate question to the shop whose doing a cross-model, cross-generation swap of completeley different engines and parts.

Point taken. Cross generational swap aren't cheap, never mind cross gen / cross breed swaps. Eh, I give up. Heh :D

adams86lxi
08-06-2005, 02:25 PM
bump,

Well i talked to the owner of the shop that built this car because i wanted to know what happend to it, to maybe see if he could take it too the meet that were having on friday and he basically told me its still in the same situation and they have been lazy and not working on it at all. He did say it should be done early sept. I still dont even know whos car it is though lol. It might just be someones at the shops conisidering its just been sitting there for so long but i dont know? The shoped moved though and i guess they have alot more room to work on stuff now. I went there the other day and they had a 2jz 240sx and a rb25 240sx sitting out front. Along with 3 supras in the shop. And TONS of other pretty crazy cars there.

So anyway if its running sept. then i will deffiently be able to get some more info and stuff on it. I stopped by the new shop the other day and i didnt see it. I didnt really ask where it was becuase i didnt really wanna sound real nosey.

SataniC
08-07-2005, 05:57 AM
errr....is it rare to find a 3G with H22's in them there??here where i live...the normal conversion for a 3G would be a H22As....only a few such as myself chose to go B series instead....hmmm...

jigga89SEi
08-07-2005, 07:00 AM
errr....is it rare to find a 3G with H22's in them there??here where i live...the normal conversion for a 3G would be a H22As....only a few such as myself chose to go B series instead....hmmm...

Are you guy's makin custom mounts and axles and harness and all that?.. Or you got somewhere over there that is producing those?

thegreatdane
08-07-2005, 08:37 AM

People in malaysia (besides you of course) actually care enough for 3g's to swap in H22's and B engines?? Let's see some pics of some heavily modded malaysian 3g's! :)

MIK3
08-07-2005, 12:33 PM
People in malaysia (besides you of course) actually care enough for 3g's to swap in H22's and B engines?? Let's see some pics of some heavily modded malaysian 3g's! :)

Heh, yeah seriously.

SataniC
08-07-2005, 06:17 PM
nah becos we malaysians are a bunch of lazy buggers...a H22A halfcuts cost like 5k...and tranplanting it is like another 3k...slightly expensive way to resuscitate the dying 3G and a total increase of horsies instead of looking around for the original A20A's which is getting harder and harder to find...the worse part is that almost all the B20a's around here came with an auto tranny....at first i was planning to plonk a B20a instead...but couldn't find a manual and read somewhere around here that Accord's and Prelude's tranny wont intermix...so i scrap that idea and B the bitch up :) ....i'll try to scout around....but i know there's a lot here....

carotman
08-07-2005, 09:50 PM
That's definetly some information we would need to have :D

w00tw00t111
08-07-2005, 11:20 PM
I'm curious about the transaxles and all that stuff