PDA

View Full Version : rear engine mount. broken? *pic*

mouchyn
03-30-2005, 11:05 AM
http://personalwebs.myriad.net/mouchyn/rearmount.jpg

i'm pretty sure there should be a metal piece ATTACHED to the rubber. Is that right?

Or does the metal piece that bolts to the engine bracket attach to the rubber some other way?

I don't remember what it looked like when i pulled the engine out. I have another 3G Hatchy in the driveway, but i don't want to pull the mount just to see. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

LX-i BOY
03-30-2005, 11:12 AM
yea thats broken alright there should be another v shape that attaches on top of that with a stud/bolt that comes out on the to of it. i am pretty sure at least.v

mouchyn
03-30-2005, 11:17 AM
yeah, that's what i thought. that's what the shop manual and the parts catalog show. dang. another 3 day delay.

i just did a complete reuibld of a german spec a20a3. i also lightened the flywheel down to 15 lbs, did some mild head porting, and some other small mods. i can't wait to put the engine in and i keep getting delayed!
grrrrr

PhydeauX
03-30-2005, 01:37 PM
Those things are dirt cheap (under $20) and most honda dealers stock them. No big deal.

andy

mouchyn
03-30-2005, 02:55 PM
cheapest place i found 'em online was $28. and that's at majestic. $4 shipping

$38 from my local dealer. Still sets me back a few days because the dealer in my town doesn't stock anything. I was working on my friend's 95 civic. We were replacing his clutch. We went up there to get common nuts and bolts. Stuff like the spindle nuts, drain plug bolts, etc. They had to order them all. THEY HAD TO ORDER COMMON BOLTS FOR A B SERIES CAR! asses... One time, they had to ORDER me an oil filter. lame.

Immeraufdemhund
03-30-2005, 05:18 PM
interesting that you disconnected the speedo thing from the p.s. system. I usually just undo the one 10mm bolt on the tranny and twist it out of their. It rests fairly well out of the way on the subframe. Too bad your not near MN i could give you my mount.

mouchyn
03-30-2005, 07:47 PM
interesting that you disconnected the speedo thing from the p.s. system. I usually just undo the one 10mm bolt on the tranny and twist it out of their. It rests fairly well out of the way on the subframe. Too bad your not near MN i could give you my mount.

i just pulled the speedo cable out of the speed sensor. it's only held in by a C clip.

AccordEpicenter
03-30-2005, 09:21 PM
you can fix that mount just by getting 3m window weld and gluing it back together. Id wait a day or so til it sets but itll work. Thats how i fixed my timing belt side engine mount, broken clean apart like yours

mouchyn
03-31-2005, 08:22 AM
you can fix that mount just by getting 3m window weld and gluing it back together. Id wait a day or so til it sets but itll work. Thats how i fixed my timing belt side engine mount, broken clean apart like yours

i thought about doing that, but i decided against it. I found one at a junk yard around here for $20 (ouch!). Normally i don't have a problem using window weld or other urethanes to fill broken mounts, but this one doesn't have any metal surroundings, ya know? like the side mount, you can fill in a circle. this one is totally open on all sides. I didn't want to take the chance of it coming apart.

I really don't want to have to replace it after i get everything all together. It's really easy to get to right now -- even with the engine in. ALL of the intake plastic is removed.