PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof Install

88tandx
03-31-2005, 12:02 PM
Okey dokey heres the deal...

My good friend anthony is a 3g lover just like i am. he is currently on his 2nd dx coupe. I keep telling him to join 3geez but he looks at how much time i waste, scratch that, invest in here and he realizes he needs to stay in school and keep his job and not have his girlfriend run out on him. Anyway, we converted to FI w/ a jdm a20, did a few suspension upgrades and fit a custom exhaust into it. Now hes kind of done with the performance of the car and is going for the interior. Pretty much what he wants to do is fold down rear seats, power windows, power locks, power mirrors, a sunroof, and the center console/armrest. The first and last ones are easy for us to do but its the power accesories and the sunroof that we need some help with. He really wants to go OEM with everything w/ parts out of either an lx-i or an se-i. If anybody has done these upgrades and do a write up of how and hopefully with some pics that would be awesome. the sunroof is i guess out biggest problem but its also the thing he wants most!

Im not 100% sure if this is the right place to post this so if its not please move it to where its supposed to go. Thanks alot.

Also if someone has the parts to do any of these things lemme know how much u want. We got the back seats but still need the power stuff and the console and the armrest.

-Joe

SteveDX89
03-31-2005, 12:28 PM
I put the power windows and mirrors in my DX coupe. First, when he converted to EFI, I hope he used the EFI cabin wiring harness. That's what I did so all I had to do was swap the power mirrors and power window motor/regulator onto my car. Then I just plugged them in and everything worked like factory. If he didn't use that wiring harness, it's going to be a real pain in the ass wiring everything yourself. I wouldn't even begin to know where to start with that.

BlueBead
03-31-2005, 12:39 PM
Parts car is 100% essential on something like this. Best scenario is having the two cars sitting side by side as you work.
I'd be looking around for a good parts car... you never know when you need one for something else too.

88tandx
03-31-2005, 11:36 PM
well i stopped by his house tonight to look at the car for the first time and it turns out his dumass cant tell the difference b/w fi and carb :Owned2: . hes the "everything else" guy of our 3geez team. i worry bout engine shit and he handles everything else. Im also looking at an 89 dx coupe for about 650 so me and him'll be doing the same shit to our cars at the same time. Going by what SteveDX said i guess my first move would be to go FI so i can use the cabin wiring harness... but thats a whole nother forum. thanks for the advice guys. SteveDX, ill prob be in touch cuz this'll be my first carb-->fi swap and im probably going to mess up and need guidance.

-Joe

SteveDX89
04-01-2005, 03:52 AM
You can hit me up on AIM too at ThirdGenCord.