PDA

View Full Version : Elijah's car, recent progress

Hash_man_Se_i
04-03-2005, 08:26 PM
I'll let elijah explain the pics, I'm just hosting them for him.. All i can say is the progress looks good :thumbup:

BTW: Elijah, that manifold is pimp. :rockon:

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wODU4Njk0NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wODU4Njk1NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wODU4Njk2NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wODU4Njk3NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wODU4Njk4NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wODU4NzAxNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wODU4NzAyNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

frankie89
04-03-2005, 08:31 PM
good job so far.. progress is lookin very sharp... :thumbup:

Robs89LXi
04-03-2005, 08:42 PM
I was wondering where you been hiding :). Looking real good so far. That is a huge intercooler; but then again, I guess living in Canada, you don't have to worry too much about radiator flow, eh? Tell me more about the clutch.

89HondaLxi
04-03-2005, 08:49 PM
lookin good

Hash_man_Se_i
04-03-2005, 08:56 PM
I was wondering where you been hiding . Looking real good so far. That is a huge intercooler; but then again, I guess living in Canada, you don't have to worry too much about radiator flow, eh? Tell me more about the clutch.

Its not that damn cold up here.

Coroncho80
04-03-2005, 10:26 PM
specs?

Elijah
04-03-2005, 11:41 PM
K guys Im not gonna have my motor done this summer but it will be out running 10-12psi and should be 225+whp. I have bseries intake mani on the way I have str70mm TB,Tial sport waste gate, equel lengh runner turbo mani,str fuel rail,street imports fmi supports 500hp,t3/t4 turbo,turbosmart BOV,450cc dsm injectors,ACT clutch and I think thats it for under the hood besides my FMU,BTM,FPR,SCI and little things. I will build the motor and get stand alone for next summer. Suspension is sprint springs,Manroe sensatrac struts,DC strut bar,17x7 TenzoR psycho 10's wrapped in federals. little things dc short shifter,momo wheel,momo shifter & boot,Auto meter 5" tac auto meter boost gauge air fuel oil pressure and temp guages. Aluminum guage bezel,2&1/2" stainless manderal bent exauhst with apexi n1 muffler. I think thats it for now oh eagle cam gear to more to come when I think of it or when I get it.

Robs89LXi
04-04-2005, 04:43 AM
Uhh.. don't forget the custom Diamond forged pistons :).

Robs89LXi
04-04-2005, 04:47 AM
Its not that damn cold up here.

LOL. Yes it is (especially compared to hot-as-hell Texas where I am)!

RobT5580
04-04-2005, 06:57 AM
Looks nice so far that intercooler is gonna be fun to fit. The part i hate is our bumper support is what supports the front bumper so it makes it harder to work with.

Good luck!

Cheeseburger
04-04-2005, 07:45 AM
nice job man keep it up man

Elijah
04-04-2005, 09:28 AM
Looks nice so far that intercooler is gonna be fun to fit. The part i hate is our bumper support is what supports the front bumper so it makes it harder to work with.

Good luck!

I have already got it mounted I will take more pics in week or so most of it. Most of it should be done by then. I had to use the grinder abit but I love useing it lol

Robs89LXi
04-04-2005, 11:20 AM
Elijah, you gonna answer my PM or what? I want to know about the clutch.

AccordEpicenter
04-04-2005, 11:24 AM
very nice elijah... that turbo mani looks pretty sweet, just like the fmic! Cant wait til its done man

RobT5580
04-04-2005, 01:12 PM
Should be nice sometimes i wish i just turboed the A20 instead of complicating things. Nice to see more turbo progress with the A20A's regaurdless.

88accordhb
04-04-2005, 07:58 PM
fmic! woot woot! go elijah.

Coroncho80
04-04-2005, 08:19 PM
so, you will be running 10-12 psi with an fmu ( 12:1 probably) + 450 cc injectors?

How is that gonna happen?

smufguy
04-04-2005, 08:46 PM
invasion of turbo a20s.

well nice job elijah, does the exhaust manifold fit? lol looking good man. awsome.

adams86lxi
04-04-2005, 09:25 PM
damn! Cant wait to see it finished! Looks awesome so far!

phrenology
04-04-2005, 09:28 PM
:deal: Hey Elijah nice work man...lookin smooth. Wanna lightened flywheel to go with that ACT clutch??? BTW where did you find an ACT clutch for the A series motors. You didn't swap down to a 1.8L ES flywheel and clutch did you??? I thought about doing that but it seemed pointless to trade off surface area for ES2 clutch and flywheel options. That's just my opinion though...rjudgey and I already debated this...

Rjudgey:nice mild upgrade but anyones stock flywheel can be lightened to the same weight, and a carbed 1.8 prelude flywheel is lighter and can be machined even lighter, although you would have to use different clutch. But Clutchnet does a Ally flywheel for 86-89 Teg which is the same as 1.8 lude flywheel and clutch and that only weighs 8-9lbs and also their priced at around $170 ish. also nice range of discs from solid hubs to sprung 6 pucks from £55-$110. You can get a complete flywheel pressure plate and disk for the same cost as a top of the range Clutchmasters!!

My reply (phrenology): Well thanks for the info, but this product was not intended to be a full racing flywheel or a super racing upgrade. If you look at the cost of a new flywheel $50+/- and the cost of core charges where applied, shipping ect. vs. the cost of grinding and balancing (for my first wheel before the prototype was $40 for resurfacing, $40 for lightening, and another $35 for balancing) you end up doing alot of machine work on a wheel with major mileage on it already or screwing up a new one if your machinist doesn't know how to do it. Many machine shops around here won't lighten stock ones for safety concerns, or turn them on lathes which can be bad for the balance.

I have two old ES2 motors and trannies. I tried to fit the 1.8 clutch/pressure plate and flywheel from that on my A20A3 but it doesn't really fit right. My application is not a race motor so personally I'd rather have a properly done OEM mild lightened wheel then trying to rig up a 1.8 aluminum with less surface area on the clutch and flywheel. The 1.8 flywheel is a different shape than the A20s and the pressure plate and clutch. You have to change the whole set up and I don't believe the tranny splines match the clutch disc, its been awhile since I dicked with it, so correct me if I'm wrong. If you're not racing I don't see the advantage of changing all the transmission components for a smaller wheel/clutch area. Most of the aftermarket 1.8 flywheels and clutch packs have been fairly pricey too, enough to make me not bother with the retrofit.

I'm doing this because I searched high and low for aluminum flywheels for our apllication including consulting with race shops. And like the rest of you I am frustrated with the lack of aftermarket attention our engine gets (you H22 and F22ers need not apply). This product is an alternative to a stock wheel, offers reliability without major modifiction and is being produced by a leading manufacturer of OEM wheels. The machine work is high quality and they are using only new materials, not reground old wheels. You will not be losing surface area or depth on this wheel.

Thanks to those of you who are interested. I will answer any questions you may have about my product. I must have at least 8-10 people who would like to preorder, before I can commit to having these made. Please tell your friends and fellow 3geers. My goal is to build a reliable A20A3 thats powerful yet tempered with durable drivability. I don't want to be burning up clutches and changing flywheels.

Well good luck with your build no matter what clutch and flywheel you choose. :)

Elijah
04-04-2005, 10:47 PM
so, you will be running 10-12 psi with an fmu ( 12:1 probably) + 450 cc injectors?

How is that gonna happen?

I ran 10psi last year with that and a bigger pump and fpr without the fmic and had no problems EDIT i had stock injectors aswell :flipa:

Elijah
04-04-2005, 10:52 PM
:deal: Hey Elijah nice work man...lookin smooth. Wanna lightened flywheel to go with that ACT clutch??? BTW where did you find an ACT clutch for the A series motors. You didn't swap down to a 1.8L ES flywheel and clutch did you??? I thought about doing that but it seemed pointless to trade off surface area for ES2 clutch and flywheel options. That's just my opinion though...rjudgey and I already debated this...

Well good luck with your build no matter what clutch and flywheel you choose. :)

ACT has about 4 different clutchs for our cars. Im already getting my flywheel lightened here at a machine shop but thanks for the offer my flywheel is there now i will pick it up in acouple days

88Accord-DX
04-04-2005, 11:19 PM
That looks Great. Do you have enough room for the radiator/fan with that wastegate & intercooler there?

Elijah
04-04-2005, 11:45 PM
New this year from last. My BTM was not hooked up last year now I have STR fuel rail,STR throttle body,450cc injectors,b16 itake mani,new turbo mani,FMI,new clutch,waste gate,t3/t4 turbo,

Last year i put down 172whp and 161 tourqe at 10 psi. Im hopeing for 225+whp at 12 psi this year. The car never skipped a beat last year. Will it hold this year ofcourse its an A series. If it does go well it only takes about five hours to swap the block.

Elijah
04-04-2005, 11:48 PM
That looks Great. Do you have enough room for the radiator/fan with that wastegate & intercooler there?

Just makes it it is very close only one fan though.

snow_man_20
04-05-2005, 02:22 AM
That mani looks mean, nice work.

Elijah
04-05-2005, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the complaments guys

Robs89LXi
04-05-2005, 12:00 PM
Hey, Elijah. Please make sure to talk about any problems you encounter while building/driving your car too. Since there are several others on this board who are building turbo cars, it would be nice to be able to learn from each other so as to avoid pitfalls. You have always been real good about sharing information, so thanks.

Elijah
04-05-2005, 12:33 PM
im suprised noone said anything about my uniwiper! lol

I will keep posting progress and problems as I go along for everyone.

Hash_man_Se_i
04-05-2005, 12:45 PM
im suprised noone said anything about my uniwiper! lol

I will haha... its ugly... switch back to stock hahah

Elijah
04-05-2005, 01:36 PM
I will haha... its ugly... switch back to stock hahah

Its been there for five years and its not going anywhere lol

myaccord7
04-05-2005, 07:30 PM
my god dude. that is great. nice job

zach

smufguy
04-05-2005, 10:08 PM
i was gonna say somethign about your engine bay first. PUll the motor out and clean it and wipe everything down. clean the block, paint the block and put it back together. It will look even more better.

Elijah
04-05-2005, 10:49 PM
i was gonna say somethign about your engine bay first. PUll the motor out and clean it and wipe everything down. clean the block, paint the block and put it back together. It will look even more better.

Im gonna do full paint and clean next winter this year its just out to pick on b series lol

Hash_man_Se_i
04-06-2005, 02:14 PM
Screw b-series go for the K-series... this thing will be a beast.

Elijah
04-07-2005, 10:28 AM
Screw b-series go for the K-series... this thing will be a beast.

Well its to pick on anything that thinks they are fast then I unleash the underdog

Coroncho80
04-07-2005, 10:12 PM
I ran 10psi last year with that and a bigger pump and fpr without the fmic and had no problems EDIT i had stock injectors aswell :flipa:

Well, if you used the stock injectors that was Ok but not with 450 cc PLUS a 12:1 FMU - Will not work, car will not idle and it WILL feel like crap. You will need something to control the 450s and not and FMU to increas the fuel pressure but I'm assuming that you already know that, right? that's part of "Turboing your car 101" :kekeke:

Elijah
04-07-2005, 10:33 PM
Well, if you used the stock injectors that was Ok but not with 450 cc PLUS a 12:1 FMU - Will not work, car will not idle and it WILL feel like crap. You will need something to control the 450s and not and FMU to increas the fuel pressure but I'm assuming that you already know that, right? that's part of "Turboing your car 101" :kekeke:

Haha fag what do you suggest? Something cheap its only temporary