PDA

View Full Version : black light in the speedo gauge

AccordNut
04-06-2005, 06:59 AM
well ive got the new reverse glow gauges in, but the lighting inside the gauge takes away from the effect at night time. I took that light out but then you cant see the needles at all. i was thinking if i installed a small black light it would really bring out the white needles w/o adding alot of light so my gauges will glow nicely. Anyone know of a good site to get one that would fit and has anyone ever tried this? im lookin for one about 2-4 inches

smufguy
04-06-2005, 07:41 AM
i was thinking of it too and there are two options.

1. UV led bulbs
2. UV cathode tube

Either one of those will be fine, but the cathode tube will be easier i guess since it has its own wires to power it and it can be stuck on top of the gauge cluster and what not. But for the led bulbs, its a lil hard, they are more of a spot light type rather than bright illumination. U have to order either one of them from the online and Radio Shack and other electronic stores dont carry them. Search for Ultra Violet or what not and u will find couple of old old threads where we were talking about them. I have a link saved somewhere and with the three browsers i use, i have to find wtf i put it.

jt money
04-06-2005, 06:25 PM
You can go to autozone or advance auto parts. They have black lights there. I think they have 3" there. Its like $20.

smufguy
04-06-2005, 08:08 PM
You can go to autozone or advance auto parts. They have black lights there. I think they have 3" there. Its like $20.

lol that goes in the gauge cluster bro. Not the neon stuff. the one ur talking about is probably big.