PDA

View Full Version : 88 Legend Taillight question...?

sporkHSP
04-06-2005, 07:19 AM
I did a search, and found nothing on this...
I was driving this morning and saw an 88 legend sedan, and the taillights looked like the proper size and shape of our outer taillights.
I would like to know if anyone has access to an 88 legend, I would be curious to know about the outer light dimensions of these:
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/4/web/580000-580999/580023_17.jpg

***after looking at the pictures alittle harder, I noticed that the light is probably too wide to fit in our light cutouts, but it has that fat bar in the middle, so they look like they could be modded to work in our stock cutouts, or at very least be custom fitted pretty easily.

frankie89
04-06-2005, 07:40 AM
you might be on to something.. im heading to the junkyard tommorow so ill post my findings on da tailights..

smufguy
04-06-2005, 07:46 AM
there was an old member who had it on his coupe. The reason being, the coupe has the light go upto its bumper with a black piece attached to it. For the sedan, there is a metal piece bwt the bumper and the light. you can put it in, but u will also have to do something about the bumper so that u can mount the license plate legally, rather than ghetto screwing it in the bumper.

HostileJava
04-06-2005, 09:11 AM
Didn't he swap the whole trunklid as well?

sporkHSP
04-06-2005, 10:27 AM
So you can get a better feel for what I'm thinking.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/434000-434999/434603_103_full.jpg
the bumper would be a modded and re-fiberglassed combat style rear bumper. Thats a rough chop, but you get the idea with the lights/bumper/trunk

I think Im gunna try to do this, even if I just take the lenses and mod them to our housings, I think I would be happy with it..

NXRacer
04-06-2005, 10:36 AM
they might work on a coupe since the coupe lights are bigger then the sedan. i dunno for sure tho.

BDaccordguy
04-06-2005, 11:38 AM
to get the license plate on there couldnt you just swap the bumper from the legend? I think thats what the guy with the black car with this mod done had on his. not totally sure tho.

smufguy
04-06-2005, 11:47 AM
So you can get a better feel for what I'm thinking.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/434000-434999/434603_103_full.jpg
the bumper would be a modded and re-fiberglassed combat style rear bumper. Thats a rough chop, but you get the idea with the lights/bumper/trunk

I think Im gunna try to do this, even if I just take the lenses and mod them to our housings, I think I would be happy with it..

the way u did it is pretty common with guys esp in 3geez. I suggest that you try fitting the rear bumper on the 3g from the legend. Not many have tried it, but u can be a test subject now.

Vanilla Sky
04-06-2005, 12:13 PM
the legend tais are not anywhere near a swap... i tried in the yard, it's a no-go...

the ones you guys are thinking of are from a JDM vigor

shepherd79
04-06-2005, 12:50 PM
JDM vigor had license plate build into the bumper. it has solid piece in the trunk lid. like this.

mykwikcoupe
04-06-2005, 04:22 PM
PRETTY only how do you hide the vigor emblem?

sporkHSP
04-06-2005, 07:31 PM
if i meant vigor i would have said vigor, i am looking for a way to get the reverse lights into the body-mounted taillight housings, so that the trunk lid is shaved... vigor tails are more expensive, and would not shave the trunk like I want.

smufguy
04-06-2005, 08:11 PM
spork, like i said. The Legend ones will not fit the sedan by any means. The only way is to either cut the bottom metal piece under ur tails. since ur gonna do some body work, that lil piece wont be a problem, hell even mounting them is not gonna be a problem.

lostforawhile
08-07-2005, 07:03 PM
just to throw this out there,has anyone ever tried any crx lights? i looked at a set once at a junkyard and the measurement was pretty close,i just couldn't use them because the sides are at an angle and the light sides on my hatch are straight, now on the sedan....

2drSE-i
08-07-2005, 10:24 PM
PRETTY only how do you hide the vigor emblem?

why the hell wud u want to!?

spanky
08-13-2005, 10:05 PM
just to throw this out there,has anyone ever tried any crx lights? i looked at a set once at a junkyard and the measurement was pretty close,i just couldn't use them because the sides are at an angle and the light sides on my hatch are straight, now on the sedan....
ill check this out tomarrow b/c a friend has a 91 si crx and ill get the dimensions and everything.also how about a hatch civic 89-91.

3G Jester
08-13-2005, 10:29 PM
why was this old ass tread resurected? tim..find something better to do with yor time :)

and to be honest...if you have to mod/fiberglass/cut/glue/paste/staple/weld/duct tape/sand/grind/mutate and wedge in there......id would just go to the j/y and find something with style and flare that had the same basic dimensions. why trade late 80's accord tail lights for late 80's accura accord style tail lights? or go on ebay and find some euros (since many of you desire them) of other lights with the same basic dimensions and try to put those in instead. or do like mike (a20a1) with his round tails or that dude who just did round LED configurations. get creative if youve gotta do the work!

3G Jester
08-13-2005, 10:38 PM
edit: double post?

A20A1
08-13-2005, 10:41 PM
I wonder if the 2nd gen teg lights would fit? like the angle of the corner... also the toyota camry not sure what year but it has slim rectangular tail lights.

3G Jester
08-13-2005, 10:52 PM
mike--still got your how-to for those tails? might do the kid some good