PDA

View Full Version : my window doesnt roll down!!

gsus
04-06-2005, 03:09 PM
well its been about 2 months since my driver's side window doesnt roll down... at first i thought it was the cold weather that kept the window from rolling down... but its nice now and it still doesn't roll down! how can i tell what it is that is causing the problem? ive checked the fuses and they look fine. when i press the down button it makes a clicking noise but the window dont go down? im thinking it may be the motor? anybody know how to test the motor?

thanks
-gsus

shepherd79
04-06-2005, 03:32 PM
if it clicks and doesn't roll down, that means the gears are messed up. replace one with a used one or get a new one.

gsus
04-06-2005, 03:52 PM
well when i say it clicks... i mean when i press the down button it makes one click and then nothing more...
-gsus

YK86
04-06-2005, 04:21 PM
The motor is probably shot. I had the click thing you described happen to me before. Something might be binding that caused it to jam or it's just worn out over time and now the motor won't run properly. I would run down to the wrecker and grab both the regulator and the motor.

AccordNut
04-06-2005, 04:24 PM
its not the gears its the window control box, they go out quite frequently at this age...i replaced mine not too long ago so did many other 3G'ers. sometimes you can get them on ebay just keep looking or go to a junk yard and pull one off