PDA

View Full Version : New to site

paso100
04-07-2005, 09:21 PM
Just wanted to say thank you to all members.
I have an '88 LX-i that I bought in 2000 for $2,600 that had 180,000 mi. on it. At the time I just wanted to sell my Toyota 4x4 (not practical with 2 kids) and get something with "good gas mileage" during school/career change.
Now the car has 224,000 mi. on it and I've decided I like it too much to sell, so .... Just bought new Suspension Tech 1" drop springs and getting my new Bilsteins revalved, based on the wealth of great info I've gotten from members here. Once again, thanks, and l look forward to using this site and working on the car even more.
What is it about this car? I think it's the sum of the individual parts that makes it a quality keeper. Nothing spectacular about the engine, much better than average suspension, but not that great, etc. But every time I get in and drive I get a smile on my face.

BlueBead
04-07-2005, 09:35 PM
Welcome to posting on here!
sounds like you're an addict just like the rest of us... good call!

NXRacer
04-08-2005, 07:21 AM
:welcome: stick around and enjoy your stay!

Cheeseburger
04-09-2005, 07:03 AM
welcome man what part of cali do you live at SF? nice to have more cali members

ICEMAN707
04-09-2005, 07:15 AM
welcome. the 3gee is one of those cars that you take care of and it takes care of you. whether building your first tuner or a very reliable daily driver, it's always there ready for you. which is why it's the car i chose to improve upon because it never gave me any mechanical problems so long as i take care of it. saves me alot of money in the long run and allows me to be able to use the money to fund my projects for the car. i've had 3 cars in the past but none of them were as tough and reliable as the 3gee. which is why we call its engine, the iron block a20, "old ironsides".