PDA

View Full Version : Manual Windows

MIK3
04-08-2005, 06:55 PM
Would there be any way to make it easier on me and my passengers to roll down my windows? They aren't too bad or anything, but it would be nice to be able to put little or no effort into rolling my windows down. I really don't want to take off the door panel either. Anything helps, thanks.

'89AccordLX(Rus)
04-10-2005, 02:57 PM
Longer handles would be the only easy way to do it. Otherwise you are facing changing the gear ratios in the mechanism.

MrBen
04-10-2005, 03:11 PM
If they're hard to roll down, lube the track with silicone spray, and use lots of it so it can drip down. If that doesn't do the trick then consider taking off the door panel and lubing the mechanisms with grease. I've done it and it makes all the difference

MIK3
04-10-2005, 08:29 PM
This I will probably end up doing Ben, but where exactly should I apply the lube? Just spray it right down in the window crack?

MrBen
04-10-2005, 08:43 PM
This I will probably end up doing Ben, but where exactly should I apply the lube? Just spray it right down in the window crack?

Yup in the black rubber part. I doubt it'll do much but it worked nicely for me for awhile until I greased the mechanisms and adjusted it a bit. How come you don't want to take off the door panels? All you have to do is take out the screw behind the door handle and the pocket and the others under the handle and etc, open your window and remove the cotter pin on the window handle, and then pull straight up on the door panel from outside the car. It's hard and you'll think you're going to break it but you wont.

Trust me adjusting the mechanism and greasing it makes it roll up and down like a new window!

MIK3
04-10-2005, 09:15 PM
Alright, that sounds like a plan then. Yeah, I'm probably just afraid I'll break something. I'll try and follow what you just said and see how it goes from there. It sure would be nice to have them roll smoothly again.

MrBen
04-11-2005, 08:59 AM
I wish I had a pic of the door without the panel on it so I could tell you which bolt to adjust. From memory I think it's a horizontal bar inside the door that is fastened to the door in a vertical slot so that you can loosen the bolt and slide up or down. If you've never done any of this before then it's going to take a few hours for you to familiarize yourself with the door and figure it out and finish it.