PDA

View Full Version : Potential Used JDM Coupe Parts from Japan

epic1400cs
04-08-2005, 11:32 PM
One of my fellow member in Japanese 3gen Accord message board is planning to send his coupe to yard. I might be able to get hold of some of the parts from his car and offer you guys. His car is year 88 Coupe for JDM but made in US. It has left had steering. So far I figure out that

1) Front side marker
2) Tail light

Are different from USDM.

However, I am not sure if

1) Front turn signal (in bumper)
2) Tail centre garnish (with some water)

are different from USDM type or not. Does anybody know these JDM parts are different from USDM for sure? If you could let me know the Honda parts number (5-3-3 digit) then I can cross check with JDM parts number.

Are there any other parts I should ask from him - mind you the person who gets the parts need to contribute the postage between Japan -> UK -> US so can't be heavy big parts like gearbox or body panel.

Also, the steering wheel has special emblem saying 'Import Coupe' or something so Imight get it.

YK86
04-09-2005, 03:06 AM
Sounds good! You can get all the neccessary part numbers from http://www.slhondaparts.com/
With that site, you can cross reference any part you want to compare to the JDM part number since they list all the proper factory numbers.

epic1400cs
04-09-2005, 03:37 AM
Sounds good! You can get all the neccessary part numbers from http://www.slhondaparts.com/
With that site, you can cross reference any part you want to compare to the JDM part number since they list all the proper factory numbers.

Thanks for the link YK86! I only knew Manchester Honda which doesn't give parts number I am familier with. This site is very useful.

Now, I have checked as below and except center garnish they seems to be different;

Front Turn Signals
JDM (R/L) ---- 33300-SG7-J01 / 33305-SG7-J01
USDM (R/L) -- 33300-SE5-A02 / 33305-SE5-A02

Side Markers
JDM (R/L) ---- 34300-SE3-962 / 34350-SE3-962
USDM (R/L) -- 34300-SE5-A02 / 34350-SE5-A02

Tail Lights
JDM (R/L) ---- 33500-SG7-J01 / 33550-SG7-J01
USDM (R/L) -- 33500-SG7-A01 / 33550-SG7-A01

Centre Garnish (they are the same)
JDM ---- 33700-SG7-A01
USDM -- 33700-SG7-A01

Leather Steering Wheel
JDM ---- 78501-SG7-J02ZA and 78501-SG7-J00ZA
USDM -- 78501-SE0-A142A (it may not be the leather?)

Anything else I should look for?

Busted_Blue
04-09-2005, 07:57 PM
does he have the power folding mirrors?

bullard123
04-09-2005, 08:21 PM
does he have the power folding mirrors?

There are 2 sets of them on Ebay right now.

88accordalltheway
04-09-2005, 08:45 PM
what about some neato interior stuff?

ICEMAN707
04-09-2005, 10:47 PM
how about digital dash and all the wiring and hardware to make it work?

TheWatcher
04-09-2005, 11:11 PM
You need the ECU for the digital dash to work. Carotman has the digital dash, but no ECU. Sounds like a fairly easy mod, unless some programming is necessary (which I doubt) for USDM Accords.

How about all the parts for ALB (don't ask me what's needed, I don't know) conversion for USDM Accords. I know alot of peeps hate anti-locks, but I would be interested. Although, with the Koni Group Buy, I might have to mortgage the dog.

All the JDM lights do is make your Accord a beacon for chronics who will steal your ride. :rofl:

Sabz5150
04-11-2005, 11:02 AM
Bumper pole. Pointless, yet cool.

epic1400cs
04-11-2005, 12:22 PM
Hello guys, thanks for your interest. Honda catalogue site in Japan was down this weekend so I couldn't check the parts number.

Busted_Blue, there was no power folding mirror on JDM CA6 coupe, sorry.

88accordalltheway, the contre console, switches are the same but the clock (speedo/tach) is different.

JDM --- 78105-SE0-N91
USDM --- 78100-SE0-A72

JDM speedo has Km/h gauge out side and mph inside with small yellow letter. I can't guarantee the compatibility because first 5 digit of the parts number are different but I can ask him to remove it. If any body want to try, please show your interest on this thread. By the way, his coupe is A/T. You can see some picture of identical item at Yahoo Auciton Japan;

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/66852030

ICEMAN707, there was no digital dash on JDM CA6 coupe, sorry.

TheWatcher, there was no ALB on JDM CA6 coupe, either. I have Aerodeck with ALB needing attention but I dont reccomend the conversion. All the parts are very expensive, you need to replace high pressure hose/tube some time and you need CV joints with special spline outside - ALB sensor need to pick up the roational speed of each wheel. I dont know how much in total but I assume easily one grand.

Sabz5150, there might have been an option but he doesn't have it.

Busted_Blue
04-11-2005, 12:30 PM
How about that front lip on the car. I don't know if they have it on the cars in JAPAN but based on the GT4, I see the little lip on the car.

as for the Gauge Cluster, I think it is possible for it to fit. If it is like any other honda civic or integra, it is just plug in play.

89AccordCpe
04-11-2005, 01:34 PM
What's the warning light to the left of the check engine light?

NXRacer
04-11-2005, 01:45 PM
screw ALB, just learn to threshold brake and you'll be good.

the only thing i'd want from a JDM car is a RHD conversion so i'm SOL i guess.

epic1400cs
04-11-2005, 02:34 PM
Busted_Blue, no CA6 didn't come with the lip. Thanks for your info about the gauge. Thats very interesting that they are so adaptable to each other. Should I ask him for his gauge?

89AccordCpe, the warning light (if the one you are talking about is the top far left one) is telling you that cataliser is over heated, I think. My car didn't come with cat (mine runs with leaded petrol!) so I am not 100% sure, if I am wrong correct me guys.

NXRacer, yep, I agree. Good brake pads help me to feel the point of tyre lock. Only one time I appreciate to the ALB was on snow and ice.

halxi
04-12-2005, 02:36 PM
Im interested in the JDM Side Markers, if they are still up for grabs.

P'impala02
04-12-2005, 05:41 PM
i could go for the taillights and bumper lights. also, u know if the switchs on the steering column for the headlights and turn signal and wipers would work

epic1400cs
04-13-2005, 04:31 AM
halxi, thanks for your interest. The thing is it is still in conversatin with my fellow in Japan. I recon it will take another month for the parts to become available and will take one month to ship over to UK. This way I can make the cost as minimum. I will let you know guys in the Market place.

Pimpala02, taillight and bumper lights are possible and they are on the wish list I sent to my fellow in Japan. For the colum switch, there will be no difference between USDM and JDM. Mind you all the parts will be much more expensive due to the shipping cost so I recommend you to find one in US.

b20a86lude
04-13-2005, 05:27 PM
yo ask in that form for a second gen lude shell or ask if someone had second gen lude parts lieing around please ask i got lots of money to spend on jdm parts i dont care i just want a resonable price ask around please im very serious ask for 86 si lude parts (jdm) or a shell

epic1400cs
04-14-2005, 12:28 PM
yo ask in that form for a second gen lude shell or ask if someone had second gen lude parts lieing around please ask i got lots of money to spend on jdm parts i dont care i just want a resonable price ask around please im very serious ask for 86 si lude parts (jdm) or a shell

hey i was wondering if u can find me the 83-87 jdm catoulge like the accord one please that woudl be very nice i want ot find the accesorie one

Unfortunately physically I don't have enough time to find one for you (I have three jobs and a kid to look after) but below is the link to some internet auction in Japan where you can find some JDM catalogue. You need to check every day if you are serious. Although time consuming, to 'find' one is not impossible. (It took me half year to find Accord Accessory Catalogue.)

Yahoo Auction Japan - search with 'Prelude catalogue'
http://search.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/search/auc?p=%A5%D7%A5%EC%A5%EA%A5%E5%A1%BC%A5%C9+%A5%AB% A5%BF%A5%ED%A5%B0&auccat=0&alocale=0jp&acc=jp

MSN Japan auction - search with 'Prelude catalogue'
http://auction.msn.co.jp/dap/sv/list1?keyword=%83v%83%8C%83%8A%83%85%81%5B%83h%81% 40%83J%83%5E%83%8D%83O

Apart from auciton, I have checked all the Prelude club HP in Japan but AB Prelude is not very popular anymore due to its age. Only one site below has some images you might be interested in.

http://www.iris.dti.ne.jp/~yuji-k/public_html/index/index.htm

I was wondering what happend, b20a86lude. Have you tried it? How was that?

All my friend from the Accord message board doesnt have prelude, sorry mate. I am not living in Japan so the situation is more or less the same as you. I can't buy something from Japan without paying a lot of shipping and money transfer fee. In Japan, you can't use credit card without real signature.

Have you tried to contact the guys on ebay who are selling lots of JDM parts directly from Japan? I remember one of the guy is working in Japan - you dont have to speak Japanese and he can accept Paypal. That will be more realistic I think.

If you have a lot of money to spend on your prelude JDM parts, how about visiting Japan for a short holiday with your girl friend and hire a translator for shopping?:idea: It is not easy, of course, but I have bought some parts for my UKDM Aerodeck from Honda dealer in Japan (if the parts is available there). I had to explain very nicely and beg for their heip. I did a loooot of home work (checked all the parts number both in UK and in Japan, I can help you that) but they were very helpful in the end. My suitcase was full of parts and I was stopped by the security at the airport but it was worth it. Because the price of Honda parts in UK is twice to three times compare to Japan due to the shipping cost. I have bought about $800 worth of parts in Japan but in UK that would be around $2200 so I made $1400. :lol:

88LXi68
04-14-2005, 12:35 PM
there was a digital cluster for the 2g lude on ebay about a week ago. No one bought it...

epic1400cs
07-30-2005, 01:59 PM
Its been long long time but I have received a mail from my fellow in Japan. It is a kind of unclear but he is definately working on it but he seems to be pretty busy. The parts below seems to be ok at the moment.

Front Turn Signals
Side Markers
Tail Lights
Analogue Dash

Unfortunately, Leather Steering Wheel is not available as he wants to keep it as a spare. I am sorry mr.eff

In the mean time, my Aerodeck mentor in Japan has shipped out a set of JDM side marker and JDM aerial switch. When they arrive, I will advertise in the market place.

For those who wants EUDM parts, like smoke side marker and fog switch, I have visited several yard this week but it seems that our car don't hold its value in a yard anymore - I couldn't see any. I will keep eye on them so please wait a bit.

w00tw00t111
07-30-2005, 05:09 PM
Do the JDM or for that matter EDM 3g's have a different looking radio antenna?

epic1400cs
07-30-2005, 05:59 PM
Do the JDM or for that matter EDM 3g's have a different looking radio antenna?
Hi Mr.w00tw00t111, Accord models for Japan, Austraria and UK are RHD and the antenna is sitting right hand side so the shape is simmetrically reverse of the US model. Apart from that the design is the same as far I as know. Only the exception is that there are some 4D Sedan model in Japan which don't have rod antenna - the antenna is printed on the window simillar to the rear window defroster. I haven't seen it yet in person but my friend in Japan told me when I asked for antenna switch! :lol:

gp02a0083
07-30-2005, 07:42 PM
i jsut thought about it with the digital cluster anyway b/c they are jdm or euro i dunno if thas right but anyway wouldnt the speed be measured in km/h unless there was a button to switch it

halxi
07-31-2005, 02:22 PM
JDM Front lip would be nice, if at all possible. If one is found, i got dibs on it :rockon:

I know honda made one, but i dont know if youll be able to find one. Super rare.

epic1400cs
09-11-2005, 04:04 PM
Sorry guys its been long long time since last time. The coupe owner is still busy but, I could source JDM side markers and JDM antenna switch (both used) from other friend of mine in Japan. I will post them in the Market section very soon so if you are interested in, keep eye on it.

2drSE-i
09-13-2005, 07:09 AM
window antenas SUCK...i have a friend with an old chevy truck, the damn thing cant pick anything up but radio disney.......