PDA

View Full Version : Well... got the turboaccord out of storage

AccordEpicenter
04-10-2005, 05:36 AM
Got her out of storage, and the first thing i did was take her apart. I worked on the turbo's oil drain line, so the turbo doesnt smoke anymore, but my boost is still all over the map, i had to tighten up the bolts on the turbo to manifold flange (2 were missing) i think it warped the flange slightly. As soon as i can fix these exhaust manifold leaks i should be boosing just fine. I also have to dick with the timing too, its still retarded.

Ludi Mali
04-10-2005, 08:42 AM
retarded or retarded :)

NXRacer
04-11-2005, 09:33 AM
awesome dude. hope it all works out for ya.

Doenst boost problems relate to a faulty wastegates??

AccordEpicenter
04-11-2005, 09:36 AM
well i think its leaking at the turbo to manifold flange and the wastegate needs adjustment, its remote mounted so the actuator rod loosens up all the time (coathanger... i know its ghetto)

SteveDX89
04-11-2005, 10:41 AM
Get a real manifold and wastegate and you'll be fine.

AccordEpicenter
04-12-2005, 10:58 AM
did some more work on her today... think i blew another charge pipe... ahh ill deal with it later. There were these highschool cheerleader types that fuckin jumped when i blew off driving down the street... that shit is LOUD mang. Starting to spool right too... almost there guys... almost there

RobT5580
04-12-2005, 12:30 PM
Thats the crap you go through when getting into a turbo project. I was surprised none of mine blew off at 17PSI since it was put back together kinda rushed so i didnt have time to double check everything like that. But i used really good silicone connectors and T-Bolt clamps so hopefully i dont have any issues like that.

AccordEpicenter
04-12-2005, 05:32 PM
so do i, i just didnt tighten stuff down well enough. I think i still have a boost leak though, i think its at my reducer. Ill take it apart tomarrow and see.