PDA

View Full Version : V2 and other intakes

w00tw00t111
04-10-2005, 09:08 PM
Hey guys. I am going to do the civic air box conversion and then put a CAI on it. I have a couple questions.(as usual j/k)

1. I read the article on making a "fake" AEM intake. This was for the original but, how about for the AEM V2. I know that it has alot more "science" to it so... is the power gain not worth all the hastle on having to figure out all of that stuff for our engines? I figured if you just bought an integra V2 and made it fit. It wouldn't make the "huge" difference because it was engineered for an integra.

2.How about this intake (http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/showCustom-0/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2005561/c-10101/Nty-1/p-2005561/Ntx-mode+matchallpartial/N-10101/tf-Browse/sct-body/s-10101/th-StoreCatalogDisplay/Ntk-AllTextSearchGroup/ss-10101?Ntt=aerospeed%20intake) It seems like a great idea. I would be making it myself of course so don't mention the price. It seems as if it would have a heck of a lot more air coming at it. The only problem I can think of though, is that once the air hits the filter it has to make an immediate left. Which could restrict airflow. But then again with most cai they have to go strait up. Gimme y'alls opinions on it.

3. What about a 2 CAI setup. (like Mike's) Would this give me a heck of alot more gains then both options one and two? Or would the two CAI air when it hits the air box not know what to do and create a "turbulance" effect?

Gimme any and all opinion you guys. Thanks!!

danronian
04-11-2005, 06:34 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38634&item=7958730584&rd=1
This intake fit my injected 3g with very little mods. I doubt with any other CAI setup you would get much more power gains. The only thing I would change about this CAI is the filter to a K&N. If I have the accord this summer I'll probably upgrade to one just b/c I'm sure it filters a whole lot better and probably also has better flow.
I would not go with the $200+ front mount CAI filter b/c the type in the bumper will get just as cold of air without the hazards associated with having an unprotected filter mounted in the front of your car.
I don't think the dual intake setup would help you performance wise since I'm sure the stock 3g carb 3g motor won't be suffocated by a fairly large cone filter (which comes with most CAI setups).

Mike's89AccordLX
04-11-2005, 08:18 AM
I have an AEM V2 intake on my 94 prelude si and I originally had an ebay cheapo intake and the difference was night and day. I noticed a big low end power gain. Improved throttle responce and gas mileage. That was the first name brand thing I have ever bought for my cars. I would do it again.