PDA

View Full Version : Wow, so thats what 2bbls feels like...

VTEC_Inside
04-12-2005, 08:14 AM
Based on a few things I've read here I decided to plug the vacuum line going from the vacuum secondary puller to the thermovalve.

All I can honestly say is Holy $hit! I don't think that the 2nd barrel has been opening the entire time I've had the car. Its just sill how strong it pulls now compared to what I'm used to.

Vanilla Sky
04-12-2005, 08:17 AM
think you like that? try the mechanical secondary... feels like another 10 HP (notice i said feels

88accordalltheway
04-12-2005, 09:31 AM
is it that noticeable just by plugging vaccume lines up?

shepherd79
04-12-2005, 09:56 AM
if you do 100% vacuum line and choke and everyting else removal you will see and feel big diff.

VTEC_Inside
04-12-2005, 10:00 AM
is it that noticeable just by plugging vaccume lines up?

In my case, I don't think the second barrel was opening AT ALL.

I'm going to have to check the thermovalve to be sure, but I dont think it was plugging up at all.

The car is night and day different, this is definitely more than a feeling. Its squirrely through 1st gear now and it rips through it in a hurry. Add to that it easily went to 170kph today when it usually runs out of steam at 150kph and inches up to 160kph tops.

88accordalltheway
04-12-2005, 10:09 AM
wow, too bad i dont trust myself enough to do the vaccume line removal, otherwise id do it today...

VTEC_Inside
04-12-2005, 10:11 AM
wow, too bad i dont trust myself enough to do the vaccume line removal, otherwise id do it today...

Its extremely simple to do what I did. Takes 5 mins tops.

Just look at the secondary puller and follow the vacuum line over to the left.

It goes into one of the metal lines and then back into rubber to the thermovalve. All I did was pull the hose off the metal line and plug it with a screw. I then cut a short length of hose, plugged one end with a screw and put it on the metal line that had been going to the valve.

Its very simple to do.

88accordalltheway
04-12-2005, 10:14 AM
if you give me pics id probably be able to do it...(seeing as it that i dont know what the thermovalve or the secondary puller are)

VTEC_Inside
04-12-2005, 10:40 AM
Ok, using this pic. Look at the secondary diaphragm. What this pic shows is a vacuum line comming out of the left side of the carb and going to the diaphragm.

The diaphragm is fairly large and can be easily seen under the air cleaner assembly on the right side of the carb. What it doesn't show is that there is a T in that line just before the diaphragm. Another hose comes forward and into one of the steel lines. That line heads to the left and then into the Thermovalve you see beside the number 2.

Basically what you want to do is plug the line heading to the thermovalve. I chose to plug it at the end of the steel line because it was the easiest to do without taking off the air cleaner assembly.

Hope that helps.

http://www.3geez.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3721

A20A1
04-12-2005, 01:06 PM
The thermovalve bleeds vacuum to keep the secondary from opening when the motor is cold. It could be a bad thermovavle but you should also check you coolant level.

are you sure you copied the right image link.?. if you scroll the page down you would have seen this pic
http://www.3geez.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3854

88accordalltheway
04-12-2005, 02:22 PM
i took the hose off and plugged it, drove around, i didnt notice a difference...

TTSpider
04-12-2005, 02:52 PM
is it safe to run a car with the line plugged?

A20A1
04-12-2005, 03:59 PM
i took the hose off and plugged it, drove around, i didnt notice a difference...

Well then your thermovalve is working properly.

A20A1
04-12-2005, 04:03 PM
is it safe to run a car with the line plugged?
All the line does is bleed vacuum to delay the secondary from opening when the coolant is cold... if you plug the vacuum port and bypassed the bleed, connecting the diaphragm directly to the carb then there is no delay when cold... your car will operate as if the motor was warmed up... this may change how your throttle response behaves and may affect idle some but you wont hurt anything.

VTEC_Inside
04-12-2005, 06:10 PM
The thermovalve bleeds vacuum to keep the secondary from opening when the motor is cold. It could be a bad thermovavle but you should also check you coolant level.

are you sure you copied the right image link.?. if you scroll the page down you would have seen this pic
http://www.3geez.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3854

The odd time when its negative 100c (exageration) up here I will hear what sounds like air bubbles travelling through the heater core as I start the car. I've tried to bleed them out but cant seem to get all of them. If I'm low on coolant, it can't be by very much.

I'm positive that the thermovalve isn't closing up though, it has NEVER been this strong in the 5 years I've owned it.

FyreDaug
04-16-2005, 01:46 PM
I did the same thing as the pic above^^. I cant say I noticed a diff, but the car does pull hard. It beat a 2002 focus se 5sp last night :p

racerx
04-25-2005, 12:30 PM
i'm a tad bit confused... so all you need to do is cut this vacuum hose and plug both ends? (i have easy access to the card with the civic air box thing)

VTEC_Inside
04-25-2005, 05:16 PM
If you have easy access then its as easy as removing the existing line that has the T in it with a single line straight to the secondary. Then just plug the one going to the thermovalve.