PDA

View Full Version : small problem but still annoying

87accordlx
08-06-2002, 01:37 PM
hi guys, ever since i've owned my 3g (15 months now) it has had a annoying winshield washer fluid leak somewhere, i have to add fluid every couple months, even when i don't use the washers, anyone else have this problem or know of what to do? also while i'm on the subject, how do u fix chattering wipers? ever since i bought new wipers they chatter

any help would be great
thanks

SteveDX89
08-06-2002, 03:03 PM
The chatter could be from the springs that hold the wipers to the windshield. They get old, weak and brittle. They might not be putting enough pressure on the wiper arm to hold the wiper tight to the window.

smufguy
08-06-2002, 06:03 PM
get two from a junkyard and ur good to go. detecting any leak like anyother should not be hard.

Mantis88LX
08-06-2002, 06:29 PM
buy my windshield washer tank and motor for $30, e-mail me for more info

87accordlx
08-07-2002, 03:32 AM
i'm pretty sure it's not leaking at the container, i felt the bottom of it and it was dry, maby leaking from a hose, as for the chattering, maby i'll pick up a pair of those add on springs

thanks for the help

smufguy
08-07-2002, 04:06 AM
u know what, get a replacement spring from the junk, the thing is, cars at the junk are mostly fine when it comes to stuff like that. there is no other possible place to leak other than the container or the lil hose that runs beside the wires inside the fender and over the inside top of yoru hood. thats all the hose there is to it. if ur still having a leak. it might be only when u use it and not when its standing still, ask someone to put the windshild washers on, while u check for any stream of fluid running either from the corner of the fender or dripping down near the axle or anywhere possible. good luck.

smufguy
08-07-2002, 04:07 AM
oh oh oh before anything, how do u know its leaking? after two months of non using, u use it and there is nothing? is that what u mean? or inside the engine bay, when u look at the max level on the washer fluid resevoir there is none?

87accordlx
08-07-2002, 09:16 AM
i know it's leaking because i went to use them yesterday and it was bone dry, wouldn't squirt at all, other times when i've filled it it took about 3/4 of the jug of fluid after barley using it

kennycm
09-02-2002, 10:43 AM
mine don't even work so i just clean my windshield before i leave out on a trip, lol

87DXHatch
09-03-2002, 05:09 PM
Mine don't work either! When I press the lever, I can see a tiny little burst come from them, but then nothing. Actually, sometimes they bubble a little bit. But for all practical purposes, nothing.

I think they are probably clogged in the line in the fender, but I really don't want to go monkeying around with the fender.

Immeraufdemhund
09-03-2002, 07:54 PM
You could try and get new nozzles. Heck for a little bit you could get those LED ones, if it doesn't work at least it looks neat... or so i think. My back windshield thing does the same thing. Does a 87 lxi have 2 tanks or one?