PDA

View Full Version : diy turbo manifold thoughts?

hondamanlxi
04-15-2005, 01:46 PM
i hate to waste a thread on this but..

last week, i found a DIY d-series log manifold. It came with all the pipes and flanges. Does anyone know any other diy mani's or a place to get raw tubing?

http://www.jgstools.com/turbo/index2.html

mouchyn
04-15-2005, 01:57 PM
any local metal/machine shop can get material for you. they'll probably have all those pipes in stock.

When i needed a turbo manifold for my 3G prelude, i just went up to a local driveshaft shop and hooked up with one of the welders in there. After he got off work, I went up there and we bent the pipe, cut the flanges, welded it all up in two days. The whole thing cost me $250. The manifold and downpipe quality were top-notch.

local hardware stores would also have some of the pipes you need. Just make sure it's a nice thick steel and you use a welder with good penetration. We used a gas mig for most of it and cleaned up with a tig.

AccordEpicenter
04-15-2005, 05:20 PM
its called home Depot... seriously get 1.5" id schedule 40 steel tubing (black pipe) and get to work. ITs pretty easy to weld and strong as shit (prolly wont crack if you do it right) makes one hell of a turbo mani. You can get flanges made by weirRacing if you send him an exhaust manifold or a one piece gasket... Go to a plumbing supply house and get the weld EL's for schedule 40 1.5" Id, the ones with the beveled edge for butt welding, not the threaded shit... Thats how i made mine, and mine hasnt cracked and its strong as can be

2drSE-i
04-16-2005, 01:26 PM
if u dont know how to weld buy some, if u do, just do what he said lol

2old_honda
04-16-2005, 11:18 PM
I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend WeirRacing. Aaron is a great guy and his prices and quality simply cant be beat.

AccordEpicenter
04-18-2005, 05:46 PM
esp for his prices, theyre said to be better than bmc