PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum advance

FyreDaug
04-16-2005, 03:45 PM
I donno if its screwing up, or Im seeing things but I disabled my vacuum advance today (while troubleshootting an idle misfire or something) and it fixed my problem, I mean I pulled off and plugged both hoses going to the dist advance. Why would my car idle funny when warm like a misfire, but not. Think its knocking?

Anyways, if I leave it disabled how will my cold starts be? It only advances when cold right?

FyreDaug
04-19-2005, 12:07 AM
Anyone? Cmon I know someone knows how vacuum advance works...

acranox
04-19-2005, 02:01 AM
maybe there is a vacuum leak inside the distributor advance unit.
If you have a vacuum pump/gauge you could test it.

AccordEpicenter
04-19-2005, 05:11 AM
check your timing, change your plugs/cap/rotor

A20A1
04-19-2005, 09:46 AM
are you carbed? #25 is cold advance and #2 is always there cold or hot.

If your thermovalve is busted then #25 might still get vacuum after the engine warms up.

What was your timing with the vac advance disabled?

FyreDaug
04-19-2005, 12:18 PM
Im not totally sure, but its more advanced than OEM. I know 25 doesnt get vacuum when warm, not sure if it does when cold either. But when #2 is hooked up it makes no difference to the performance of the car, and I fixed the misfire (the advance is broken and was sagging a bit, my guess is it was advancing it too much?) so I temp fixed it for now and misfire is gone. But with 2 and 25 disabled it runs good, and with 2 on, it runs the same... After I shower and get ready for work here I'll cold start it and check 25 for vacuum. If it doesnt have vacuum whats that mean?

FyreDaug
04-19-2005, 01:29 PM
Hmm thats wierd, maybe it has to do with the fact my high speed idle doesnt work since I hooked up the intake. I always thought the problem was when the air sensor wasnt hooked up it wouldnt high speed idle, but it is, it revs to 1600 when I first cold start, then 2 secs later its back to 900 and wont high speed. Ive done some vacuum mods too, so it could be my fault. But anyways, I checked 25 after I started and it was idling 900, it had vacuum but probably nothing to do anyhing, it wouldnt even stick to my finger. I dont think something is working properly. It was very little vacuum

SHURIK
04-23-2005, 08:01 PM
Cause Ur Ideling Aroud 1000rpm Right Vac Ad Dose Nothing Till U Hit 1000rpm If U Try To Drive With Out It It Will Sound Like A Drive By I Tryde Its Funny Shit

FyreDaug
04-24-2005, 02:12 PM
Ok, Ive read a couple of your posts now and they are really annoying. I mean really. Can you type normally and not use caps on every word?

And it doesnt sound like a "drive by" without it. It makes almost no difference with or without it.