PDA

View Full Version : Took off some emblems and --

HaShfIeNd
04-17-2005, 12:43 PM
Hey i took off some emblems on the back the accord the "lxi" "accord" and "honda" ... that was easy i bought some googone to take off the junk but it didn't really seem to eat it.. does it take a crap load? any other suggestions on how to get the sticky stuff off?? also on the accord part it was almost like the tape didn't rape off but some of the plastic came off back of the accord emblem... lol so any suggestions would be great cause right now looks gross :mad:

HondaBoy
04-17-2005, 01:42 PM
unfortunately its probley going to leave a mark of where the tape has been sticking for 17 years. only thing i can think of is using lighter fluid, that's how i've gotten sticky shit like that off. and then wash and use a cleaner wax on the part that you did that stuff on. even then it likes to leave a mark. good luck.

HaShfIeNd
04-18-2005, 12:51 PM
thanks for the tip, although i'm a little worried to jump right out and poor lighter fluid on my car what about a heat gun? that should work the adhesive loose at least? gonna go that route -- btw it this works easy as pie, can we have an update in the "how to" "remove your emblems" because rubbing alcohol or googone just won't cut that adhesive, and looks really bad stuck on the back of yer car :uh: alright get back to you later

HostileJava
04-18-2005, 01:43 PM
I sprayed mine with goo be gone, let it soak in, then sprayed it again and took it off layer by layer with a razor. As long as you keep the area wet and the blade flat you'll just take the glue off.

SteveDX89
04-18-2005, 01:57 PM
You can buy sticker remover at the auto parts store. Follow the instructions on the can. You'll have to give it a couple trys but you should get it right off with just a rag.

mr eff
04-18-2005, 02:09 PM
googone and razor took my LXi emblem off. i didn't mess with the honda or accord emblems

HaShfIeNd
04-18-2005, 07:00 PM
hey good deal,thanks for the extra tips i had a feeling i was being to hasty in my efforts to remove the crap, i don't even have a heat gun, although i do have access to a shop with one.. lol i'm @ home... sticker remover you say eh? sounds good to me... though i don't doubt googone/razor works not i have a bad feeling about scrapage, even though my paint sucks ass (damn cali sun).. gonna try the sticker remover, thanks for the help guys i'll post some updates with some pics just cause later :)

HostileJava
04-18-2005, 07:11 PM
Goo Be Gone and sticker remover are pretty much the same thing, I have both. I tried just using the spray first and it seemed like it was all off, but about a week later, there was dirt sticking heavily to where the glue had been. After spraying it and using the razor I was able to lift several more layers.

HaShfIeNd
04-27-2005, 06:55 PM
well, yeah the sticker remover and goo gone are pretty much the same thing, although the sticker remove came with a little tool that supposedly would help lift the sticker, but it was pretty cheap and didn't work to well, i almost just ended up using my fingernail lol... most of its off though... just took some work... anyways it'll look better when i get the holes filled and it repainted someday -- cheers :cheers: