PDA

View Full Version : one of my curtesy door lights not coming on?

HaShfIeNd
04-17-2005, 01:06 PM
Hey... one of my doors didn't have a bulb in it so i replaced it to find its not work at all, i took off the panel and took out the little socket and tested it, and it worked fine... that means the wiring somewhere is bad in the door? all the other ones turn on fine.. its only the back passenger side door... any suggestions on where to look?

shepherd79
04-17-2005, 01:16 PM
check for voltage. and check the switch in the door itself.

MrBen
04-17-2005, 01:40 PM
In the doorjamb there's an L shaped black switch. Move it around. It should slide. If it doesn't, lube it. unscrew it and check the connection behind it. If it still doesn't work, take and eraser or steel wool to the connection to clean the contacts.

HaShfIeNd
04-17-2005, 04:29 PM
In the doorjamb there's an L shaped black switch. Move it around. It should slide. If it doesn't, lube it. unscrew it and check the connection behind it. If it still doesn't work, take and eraser or steel wool to the connection to clean the contacts.

Good deal, found the switch sure enough was rusty, to a wire brush and cleaned up the connections until i got good continuity all the way through and "its aliiiiiiiiiveeee" thanks :)

MrBen
04-17-2005, 08:50 PM
No problem :)