PDA

View Full Version : junkyard blues

gp02a0083
04-17-2005, 04:17 PM
hi guys just went to harry's u pull it in Hazelton Pa i was orginally looking for parts for my 442 but i ended up finding stuff for my hatchie there one dissappointment was i found a hatchie with a 5 speed but i didnt know all the stuff to take for it and my father didnt feel liek pulling the trans out with me. but i dd manage to get another perfect drivers side tail light and bumper to replace my cracked which will help me with the body work im doing to the car in the summer but i have to fix the rotted out part on the passengerside rear wheel well when i find another hatchie to splice another peice of metal in it. but i do have a question i know what the A20a3 engines look like b/c i got one in my car but i saw 2 diffrent types of valve covers in 2 other accords 1 i think was a a20a1 b/c it looked like the a20a3 but a DOHC engine and the other looked liek it had a blocky valvecover allmost liek a b18 or a h22 but its wasnt red like i see some of the others but it was black mabye somebody should try at the junkyard they got like 2 football feilds of forign cars most of them are hondas and i found liek 5 hatchies there and a bunch of coupes that had really good bodies (most likely the engine or trans went in the cars)

frankie89
04-17-2005, 05:52 PM
try da harrys j/y in pennsburg...they got some hatchies, i was there today.

syclinsam
04-17-2005, 05:59 PM
I live about a little over an hour from hazelton. I heard about that place from DX Sleeper.
How are that guys prices?
I got a hatchy and am still looking to get everything fully functional and looking good.

gp02a0083
04-18-2005, 12:25 PM
prices are amazing a carb goes for $20 the bumper was liek 25 the engine i think depends if 4 cyl 6 or 8 is at max i think 90 or 100 tranny's are like 50 all you gotta do is pull it youself
nah i never went to the pennsberg one only reason i went to the hazelton one was i was orginally looking for parts for my 86 cutlass 442 i went there b/c is a bigger yard

danronian
04-21-2005, 08:45 AM
I am pretty sure the one in Hazelton is about 4 times the size of the one in Pennsburg. If you do go to the Pennsburg one watch your tools close b/c everyone else there doesn't speak English and whenever I am there they swarm the car even if your pulling stuff off it. I always go with one friend at the minimum. I took my girlfriend once and they gave me a bunch of free parts since they don't see girls there very much and since the people who run it are young it helps too. I like the place b/c they have a detailed price sheet but I really don't like having to watch my back constantly.

SteveDX89
04-21-2005, 10:20 AM
I've been to Hazleton. That place is huge. Plenty of 3g's but no SE-i's. I was looking for rear brakes that day. I wanna go up again but it's 2 hrs from me so it's kind of a haul. Prices are great. I went on $.99 day when everything you came out with was $.99 a piece. Cost $25 to get in though and I walked out with nothing. :sad2: I'd like to go up and pull a couple motors and take them home.

syclinsam
04-21-2005, 10:38 AM
it would be cool to have a junkyard-run get together. Take an open Saturday couple of 3gr's meet, make the trip up to Hazelton, help each other pull the parts they want and head home. It would be a sweet learning experience for a newbie like myself and an extra set of hands for those 3g experts who could use them.

just an idea, i know i'm gonna head to hazelton in a few weeks when I get a chance.

:thumbup:

Burban88
04-28-2005, 06:03 PM
I wondered if Harry's had any 3g's I haven't been there in years and I'm only 30 min. away!! I could bring my Suburban and wipe em out!! I went there by myself and carried a tool box and parts I almost died carrying all that. so I haven't been there since.

gp02a0083
05-01-2005, 06:46 PM
lemme know a junkyard run sounds good id do it if anyone else here in NJ would want to , i mean id like to have other 3g'ers help me with the auto to manual swap for my hatchie