PDA

View Full Version : whats the real deal on the swap?

DeViOuS
04-17-2005, 07:21 PM
Ok I have heard about what motors you can swap...b16, b18, b20...What motor can you drop in it with NO FAB. I need to know cause I warped a head, and its not worth rebuilding this block.:sadwave: So, I need to know what motor REALLY will fit. I aint tryin to do any moving of the motor mounts and no shit like that. I just need to know what blocks will fit in there with the mounts as is. And if I do need stuff, what would I need. Like the wire harness, and anything else like that.

Ace
04-17-2005, 07:27 PM
Oh No not to be a jerk but you are going to get hammered with a bunch of search post so yo just search LOL Welcome

Ace
04-17-2005, 07:29 PM
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=413 Yo Start Here

DeViOuS
04-17-2005, 07:32 PM
I know I am, but thats more of what I wanted, plus some more info, but I posted this because most are filled with all kinds of bullshit that jumps out of the realm of what it was originally supposed to be about. plus Im stressed out and need to know what I gotta do. :werd:

mouchyn
04-17-2005, 08:02 PM
I know I am, but thats more of what I wanted, plus some more info, but I posted this because most are filled with all kinds of bullshit that jumps out of the realm of what it was originally supposed to be about. plus Im stressed out and need to know what I gotta do. :werd:

there aren't any swap options other than the engines that came in that car. you could use the LX-i engine and convert to fuel injection, but that's a lot of work and could get costly. Since you're carbed, you're pretty much stuck. find a used replacement.

DeViOuS
04-18-2005, 01:36 PM
Ok well with that said, Does anyone have one for sale ? Would it be easier to rebuild my engine, money wise? Cause i need my car soon. and if its going to be cheaper to rebuild my engine, I will do it. If it is cheaper to buy a new one then I will do that.

Vanilla Sky
04-18-2005, 01:49 PM
well, opne member on here has a race motor that's being built... he's about $1000 into it, and he's almost done... not bad for something that will probably make significantly more power than stock... i believe it's racerx, check him out

DeViOuS
04-18-2005, 01:50 PM
There is a COUPLE BEAUTIFUL Freakin motors on here...Racerx is one and tha 3GeE Project wit tha b20 is SIK too...but I aint got a gEe to drop into mah car like that right now...I need something functional.

NXRacer
04-18-2005, 02:03 PM
your best bet would be to find one in a junk yard thats in good condition. i've seen them purchased for anywhere from 300-600 clams.

DeViOuS
04-18-2005, 02:15 PM
Fukit, Im just gunna buy a donor car and swap tha motor, and anything else off it I need....

mouchyn
04-18-2005, 03:11 PM
Fukit, Im just gunna buy a donor car and swap tha motor, and anything else off it I need....

good plan. i bought an 88 LXi for $100 to use a donor car. the engine, tranny, and AC were in perfect working order. Engine has 170 psi on all 4 cylinders and the tranny shifts smooth as butter.

all the suspension parts, brake parts, and steering parts are brand new.

interior is trashed and the car needs paint. $100. i felt bad driving it away from the seller for only $100, but that's all he wanted. may she rest in peace. i stripped her of all her good parts and towed the rest to the junk yard.

Cheeseburger
04-18-2005, 06:45 PM
just flip the lid and call it a day man. or you can do the civic air box thing

DeViOuS
04-20-2005, 07:42 PM
What civic airbox thing???

BlueBead
04-20-2005, 07:46 PM
he's talking about the civic airbox you can use to put a CAI on a carbed 3g

DeViOuS
04-20-2005, 07:58 PM
I coulda swore Ive said this before, but Ill repeat it again for those that dont know... :stupid: I know shit about cars, Im learnin...So uhhh yah...Essplain please :uh:

mouchyn
04-20-2005, 08:33 PM
search, man. the info is already here -- just gotta find it.