PDA

View Full Version : 2nd try, Trans cooler line routing

bkcorso
04-18-2005, 02:33 PM
I'll try asking again, if anyone has an 88 accord lxi with auto, can you take a look and tell me if the trans cooler line from the drivers side of the radiator goes to the upper or lower connection on the trans ? Or does it matter ?
I didn't mark them when I yanked out the motor !!!!

PhydeauX
04-18-2005, 03:04 PM
It doesn't matter. The cooler is just a brass tube in the radiator, so the direction of flow makes no diference.

andy

bkcorso
04-18-2005, 03:10 PM
cool, I was hoping it wasn't directional !!! Thank you

smufguy
04-18-2005, 05:27 PM
Why on god's name would u make a second thread of the same exact topic just cause no one answered your previous one? :uh:

bkcorso
04-18-2005, 05:48 PM
Smurfguy, thanks for taking the time to talk smack. :thumbdn:

smufguy
04-18-2005, 05:55 PM
Smurfguy, thanks for taking the time to talk smack. :thumbdn:

well it is true. couple of days back i replied to your thread considering your trans cooler and the hose did not matter and that you can ask mike about it if you want. But for some reason i checked it after checking this thread and its not there. :dunno: . But it does not matter anymore since u have your question answered, but the point still remains. Ur rather new and im telling you what not to do in the future.

bkcorso
04-18-2005, 06:10 PM
I didn't see it either, first thread got side tracked, and I just figured the original question was lost. I searched high and low for the answer, Pauls manuals are great, but nothing on where the lines went to, or if it mattered.

For future knowledge, what should I have done ? I'm going to be around, so I better learn now, thanks :)

smufguy
04-18-2005, 06:57 PM
its like the oil cooler, flow direction does not matter since its just like passing thru a tube. But its cool tho.

In the future, if the thread you make gets cluttered with other bs or offtopic stuff, just ask the moderator who is responsible for the section to delete what post in ur thread is not relevant and they will gladly do it for you. It also makes your life and our life easier cause when we search for stuff, we get the info we need and not a thread covered in bs. Also u can try and asking the guys to shut up (literally) and ask your question again.

Good luck with the cooler man, i forgot what kinda cooler u have. i bet u will feel a huge difference in the trans operation.