PDA

View Full Version : rebuild

jt money
04-18-2005, 06:52 PM
I had my a20a1 engine fully rebuilt. I put everything back on in an in the car. I followed the hains book on how to set the piston rings. I did prime it as well. I have oil coming from one corner of the head gasket. I drove it this evening an it cut off on me an wouldnt start back up. I thought it was gas so I took the gas line off an turned it over an it took about 5 to 6 seconds to shoot out. could somone help me out with this delima cuz im ready to drive my car its been 2 months too long.

88Accord-DX
04-18-2005, 09:46 PM
Did you have the head checked for any warpage? You need a fuel pressure tester/guage for gas p.s.i. Get a new fuel pump if you got a re-built motor.
Drive easy for the first 200 miles, so the rings set in properly. Don't go over 50 mph if you can.
You definalty need to pull the head off again to fix the oil leak & gasket to see what is going on.

mouchyn
04-19-2005, 09:34 PM
a comrpession check is in order, too.

compression check. pull the head and find out why it's leaking. if the bolts are torqued right and the gasket looks fine, your head is warped.

jt money
04-21-2005, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the info. 50 MPH thats to slow man. I try to go no faster than 65. I was thinkin I ran it to hard when I set the piston rings, cuz my tack didnt work nor did my speedo. Im goin to take my car to the man that rebuilt my engine cuz I have a 12 month unlimited mile warenty.